Senior Network Security Engineer (remote)
Company: General Dynamics Information Technology
Posted on: November 12, 2021
Type of Requisition: RegularClearance Level Must Be Able to
Obtain: NonePublic Trust/Other Required: NACI (T1)Job Family:
Network EngineeringGDIT is seeking a Senior Network Security
Engineer to join our NIH team. You will be responsible for the
configuration, deployment, and management of the customers Network
Access Control (NAC) solution in a 24x7x365 environment. You will
be accountable for, but not limited to, monitoring, configuration
changes, accounts, and software updates for the customers NAC, ISE
and IDS/IPS solutions.You will analyze, troubleshoot, and remediate
issues within the enterprise and work closely with other teams to
ensure that these solutions are performing to standard.GENERAL
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Architecture and Administration of LAN technologies of Cisco
Switches and Cisco ASA Firewalls
- Architecture and Administration of Network Access Control
systems, including but not limited TO, Cisco ISE, Forescout, Cisco
ACS, RSA, Cisco AnyConnect, Gigamon, IDS/IPS.
- Assist in troubleshooting and problem solving for a wide
variety of client/user issues
- Act as an escalation point for LAN/NAC related issues
- Work closely with other IT functional teams to ensure cohesive
support and strategies across the IT organization
- Support the development of a project plan and execute as
- Maintain relationships with key Third-Party software/hardware
vendors to provide support to the infrastructure as needed.
- Provide daily support for tickets: service requests, incidents,
problems, and tasks
- Execute tasks to support projects
- Provide regular updates to tickets
- Produce daily/weekly status reports
- Develop and execute change request plans
- Identify appropriate security access control solutions to
satisfy customer business objectives/requirements
- Develop High-Level Designs (HLDs) and Low-Level Designs
- Document physical and logical topologies for security
- Develop High-Level task lists/Work Breakdown Structure
- Determine the Level of Effort (LOE) for service/solutions
- Develop Bills of Materials (BOMs) and participate in the
decision-making process for the acquisition of current/new
technologies for the customer environment
- Document solution risks, issues and mitigation strategies
- Create and maintain network diagrams
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise for network security
- Meet with management and the customer to present and discuss
design and implementation effortsREQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- BS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or
equivalent and 15 years related experience
- Minimum of eight years of experience implementing and
maintaining Network Access Control technologies (Cisco IDS/IPS,
ISE, Forescout, Cisco AnyConnect, etc.)
- Minimum eight years of experience in a Network Engineering
- Experience with network infrastructure in enterprise datacenter
- Experience with mid to large scale implementations of Network
Access Control technologies.DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Cisco CCNA/CCNA/Security, CCNP/CCNP Security, CCIE
- Cisco SISE certification
- Forescout FSCA/FSAA/FSCE certifications
- Experience with Cisco wireless LAN controllers.
- Experience with Forescout security products.
- Experience configuring Cisco ASAs and switches.
- Experience configuring 802.1X.
- Experience configuring and implementing network segmentation
including VLANs and MPLS.
- Experience with multiple end-system operating systems including
Windows, Linux, Mac OS, and Apple IOS.
- Experience with ServiceNow and Visio is an assetATTRIBUTES FOR
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to explain and elaborate on technical details.
- Ability to lead teams.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work in a fast-paced IT
environment.This position requires being fully vaccinated against
COVID-19 by December 8, 2021 or the start date, if after December
8. Individuals who work in or reside in Texas or Montana or work
outside of the United States may be excluded from this
requirement.We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most
complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the
country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand
and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways
clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We
ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the
ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between.
Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission
services needed to get the job done.GDIT is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected
Keywords: General Dynamics Information Technology, Taylor , Senior Network Security Engineer (remote), Engineering , Taylor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!