Company: AJM Packaging Corporation
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Plant Engineer AJM Packaging CorporationTaylor, MI
Position Overview -AJM Packaging Corporation, one of America's
leading manufacturers of paper products, including paper plates,
cups, bowls and bags, is seeking a Plant Engineer to join our
growing team! The plant engineer role will be responsible for
capital projects, effectively solving issues throughout the plant
and overseeing the plant maintenance team.
Responsibilities & Duties -
- Monitor all capital improvement projects and organize various
performance appraisals and recommend training programs as per
- Design efficient training programs and prepare all short and
long term programs and ensure achievement of all objectives with
- Administer all activities and assist in manufacturing of all
new products and recommend improvements to existing products.
- Design all preventive maintenance programs in coordination with
maintenance and plant management.
- Analyze all equipment requirements and assist in requisition of
all tools and spare parts.
- Work with all machinery and equipment used in the manufacturing
process to check that they're working to peak efficiency and
maximum safety. Assist in installation and maintenance of all
machines and tools. Resolve all maintenance issues and recommend
improvements to same if required.
- Identify ways to resolve problems quickly and efficiently as
possible. Administer and resolve all technical maintenance issues.
Be the go to troubleshooting person for electrical and mechanical
- Identify any problems with machinery and equipment and perform
regular audits on all safety control programs and devices.
- Provide an efficient interface with engineering department to
evaluate all upcoming capital projects and analyze and obtain
required feedback for all equipment and layouts.
Minimum Requirements -
- Bachelor's degree in electrical, mechanical, or industrial
- 5-7 year engineering experience in a manufacturing
- Excellent computer skills be proficient in software such as
Microsoft Office or AutoCAD.
- PLC Experience - Allen Bradley or Siemens.
- Demonstrated manufacturing plant troubleshooting and problem
- Covid-19 vaccinated prior to in-person interviews and
site-visits and committed to taking all necessary and appropriate
FDA approved and CDC recommended boosters during AJM
At AJM, our comprehensive "Cafeteria Benefits Plan" and "Flexible
Spending Arrangement" (FSA), truly set us apart from the
competition. Under the cafeteria plan you'll receive a package of
company paid medical, dental, optical, life and disability
insurance coverage and be able to adjust the proportions spent on
each coverage/benefit to suit your personal requirements and
preferences. You can even redirect a portion of the total spend to
pay for homeowners, car and pet insurance premiums purchased at
group rates. Lastly, under the Flexible Spending Arrangement (FSA),
you'll be able to contribute a portion of your annual earnings on a
pre-tax basis to pay for child and dependent care and medical,
dental and optical insurance co-pays and deductibles.
Summary of Benefits -
- Medical Insurance (BCBS)
- Dental Insurance
- Optical Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Agreement
- Health Savings Account
- Child & Dependent Care Savings Account
- 401 K Retirement Plan (with Safe Harbor Company Match)
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Assistance/Wellness Program
- Paid Vacations
- Paid Holiday
- Paid Sick & Personal Time
- aProfessional Development Program (AJM University)
About Us -AJM was founded as a manufacturer of paper and plastic
products in 1957 by three (3) Detroit area brothers who eleven (11)
years earlier began selling retail packaging, cleaning and office
supplies and equipment and consumer disposables out of a small
warehouse in Detroit's Eastern Market. Over many years, we
gradually evolved from our broadline distributor beginnings into a
major paper products manufacturer, today employing nearly 3,000
people and operating eight (8) manufacturing and five (5)
warehouse/distribution facilities strategically located throughout
the United States.
We're still family owned and operated, still manufacturing our
products in the good old USA and still providing our customers with
the same reliable service and quality products they've come to
expect from AJM for nearly 65 years now. It's a simple formula, no
doubt, but you can't argue with success. Today we're the nation's
leading manufacturer of private label paper plates, cups and bowls,
lunch bags and lawn and leaf bags.
Career Development -At AJM, we realize we will only go as far as
our employees can take us and, for that reason, we invest millions
of dollars every year on both classroom and on-the-job training to
develop our employees' skills and promote a culture of learning and
continuous improvement. There are no barriers to impede your
progress here and no ceilings to halt your advance. You'll control
your own destiny, and we will help you reach your full potential
with both in-house development programs and tuition reimbursement
for undergraduate and graduate level college studies. Join our team
and see where your AJM journey takes you!
For More Information -Visit our website at www.ajmpack.com or call
Equal Employment Opportunities -AJM Packaging Corporation is an
equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis
of race, religion, color, sex, national origin or other legally
Keywords: AJM Packaging Corporation, Taylor , Plant Engineer, Engineering , Taylor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!