Part-Time Operations Manager
Posted on: January 9, 2021
SummaryThe Operations Manager is responsible for fulfilling our
mission statement, "to create the most enjoyable shopping
experience possible for our Guests." Additionally, the Operations
Manager oversees a variety of operational tasks assigned by store
management. The Operations Manager may also complete the duties of
the Freight Coordinator and Visual Merchandiser based on business
needs and/or store volume.Essential Duties and ResponsibilitiesThis
description intends to describe the general nature and level of
work performed by Teammates assigned to this job. It is not
intended to include all duties, responsibilities and
qualifications. To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.Operations
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, which may include
mornings, evenings, and weekends, and the day of/day after
Thanksgiving and Christmas, based upon store and business
- Complete the Operations Manager daily disciplines.
- Manage promotions by educating Teammates and ensuring signage
is displayed appropriately.
- Complete pulls and markdowns.
- Monitor layaway procedures to ensure layaways are current and
- Answer store internal and external phone lines and resolve
questions and requests in an efficient and courteous manner.
- Monitor reservation application, including Guest follow-up,
team education, and product reservation.
- Lead onboarding and selection activities including monitoring
hiring dashboards on a daily basis, setting up interviews and
completing onboarding with all new teammates.
- Complete inventory reviews including year-end inventory.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of Point of Sale (POS)
- Knowledgeable of all exchange and return procedures for Guests
and exhibit the ability to turn into a showmanship
- Understand and execute all policies regarding payments,
exchanges and Loss Prevention practices.
- Receive freight boxes and store transfers through
- Report discrepancies through Inventory Manager.
- Maintain all shipment-related paperwork.
- Monitor and recognize security risks and thefts, and know how
to prevent or handle these situations.
- Make shipping labels for all packages being sent out and sort
packages by required shipment transit time (expedited shipping or
regular ground shipping).
- Send in recalls and Return to Vendors (RTVs) on a weekly
- Complete special orders and the necessary phone calls to the
- Keep supplies in stock and organized (e.g. boxes, transfer
bags, printer paper, hangers, sensors, etc.).
- Organize fixtures and shelving.
- Engage in activities that support a neat, clean, and organized
- Handle all maintenance issues in the store - plumbing,
- Communicate any policy violations to Store Manager, District
Manager, and/or Human Resources in a timely, confidential
- Provide feedback to Store Manager regarding merchandise
- Understand and apply Buckle's Code of Ethics and all of
Buckle's policies, procedures, and handbooks.
- Additional duties as assigned.Sales Generation and Guest
- Compare and verify merchandise invoices to items received to
ensure that shipments are correct.
- Upon request, ship any alterations, layaways, or special orders
- Check accuracy of freight packing slips and transfer
- Double-check that all transfers have been processed through the
register and that items match what you are shipping out.
- When shipping items to Guests and other stores, must fold items
and place in appropriate sized box for proper presentation of
product when unpacked. Visual Merchandise Management
- Create and develop a visual merchandising strategy on a weekly
- Consistently utilize and implement the Weekly Checklist, photo
library, and other visual tools.
- Uses Performance Tracker to track results and strategize on
- Is up-to-date on all current visual standards and videos.
- Utilize the SPG, Planner, and Zone Maintenance Action Plan to
maintain visual standards.
- Understands the importance of the store window's impact on
business and completes with a high level of urgency.Leadership
- Comfortable in giving and receiving feedback from peers and
- Promote personal and store growth.
- Demonstrate and maintain a professional, mature, and stable
relationship with all Teammates.
- Overcome objections and problem solve.
- Self-educate on all company tools (videos, pieces, books) and
share this information with others.
- Ability to travel and cover other stores within District based
on business needs.
- Handle all schedule changes in a positive and professional
- Fulfill mission statement by performing job duties with a high
level of customer service while contributing to a positive team
- Special projects and other duties as assigned. Supervisory
ResponsibilitiesThis job has no supervisory
responsibilities.Education and/or ExperienceHigh school diploma or
general education degree (GED); or one to three months related
retail experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of
education and experience.Additional QualificationsMust be 18 years
of age or older due to the nature of the job.Physical DemandsThe
physical demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by a Teammate to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.While performing the duties of this Job, the Teammate is
regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or
feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and jump; stoop,
kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The Teammate is
occasionally required to sit. Physical ability to lift and maneuver
50lbs throughout the store and backroom. Specific vision abilities
required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust
focus.Work EnvironmentWhile performing the duties of this job, the
Teammate regularly works in a retail store setting. The noise level
in the work environment is usually moderate.Equal Employment
OpportunityBuckle is committed to hiring and developing the most
qualified Teammates from the available workforce in the communities
we serve.Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue
to be, a fundamental principle at Buckle, where employment is based
upon personal capabilities and qualifications without
discrimination and retaliation because of veteran status, uniformed
service member status, race, color, national origin or ancestry,
creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, age, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, and
related medical conditions), national origin or ancestry, physical
or mental disability, genetic information (including
characteristics and testing), or any other protected characteristic
as established by applicable local, state, or federal law. For
state specific information, refer to the State Law Supplements
found on the Teammate Center, under Human Resources.
Keywords: Buckle, Taylor , Part-Time Operations Manager, Executive , Taylor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!