Stockroom Manager - UniFirst
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Stockroom Manager Our Stockroom Managers Are Kind of a Big Deal!
Are you a proactive and motivated leader? If so, UniFirst would
love to speak with you about our Stockroom Manager role! This
position is an integral leader within UniFirst. You will ensure
that all stockroom employees work in a safe environment and have
the proper support to achieve optimum performance. At UniFirst we
have a 5-day work week, enjoy Saturday and Sunday off!! We have an
immediate opening and provide on the job training. Pay & Benefits:
On the job training & great hourly pay + 401K with Company Match,
Profit Sharing, Health Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Life
Insurance, Paid Time Off, Direct Payroll Deposit, Tuition
Reimbursement, 30% Employee Discount, Employee Referral Bonuses.
What's in it for you? Training: Our Team Partners receive ongoing
cross-training, exposing them to different areas of production.
Cross training enhances their performance and assists them with
their career potential and advancement. Work Life Balance: We offer
a 40-hour work week. Enjoy weekends off! Career Growth: Some
companies like to promote from within, we love to! Many of our
managers started at UniFirst working on the production floor!
Culture: Our family culture is what makes UniFirst an organization
that stands out from the rest. Diversity: At UniFirst, you'll find
an environment packed with different cultures, personalities, and
backgrounds. We believe our diversity makes us who we are, and we
strive every day to build a culture where everyone feels welcome.
What you'll be doing:
- Ensure that the stockroom team is completing tasks successfully
according to company standards including garment grading, pieces
received and keyed, stocking, inventory, order assembly, picking,
emblem processing, merchandise receiving, etc.
- Ensure that the customer/supplier requirements are communicated
throughout the Stockroom Department.
- Report requirements completed daily, weekly, and monthly.
- Educate all Stockroom Department employees on the duties and
responsibilities as outlined in their job descriptions and
- Cross-train personnel within the Stockroom Department.
- Create an atmosphere for self-improvement by delegating
responsibility, encouraging voluntary cross-training and outside
- Create a positive atmosphere by treating employees with
dignity, respect and soliciting their involvement in problem
- Maximize divisional profits to provide short- and long-term
- Develop improved processes, systems, procedures and maximizing
efficiency through innovation and creativity.
- Minimize manpower costs through goal setting, careful
scheduling, work-flow controls and continuous interaction with
- Control merchandise costs by adhering to proper processing,
merchandise purchasing goals and procedures, and identification of
merchandise damaged by customers.
- Participate in the attainment of divisional growth goals for
customer retention by providing quality products.
- Manage departmental activities regarding safety, health and
environmental issues to ensure proper consideration
- Follow all safety policies, HACCP and medical
guidelines.Qualifications What we're looking for:
- High school diploma or G.E.D equivalent is required
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate background or equivalent
experience is preferred
- 1-3 years of inventory control and work scheduling
- Familiarity with Windows Operating systems Excel, Word, and
- Inventory control software experience is preferred
- Strong decision-making skills
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs
- Ability to read, write, and strongly communicate About UniFirst
The fabric of UniFirst is woven from its very unique family culture
where our Team Partners enjoy a small company feel while taking
advantage of the resources and stability that come with being a 2
billion-dollar organization.UniFirst is an international leader in
the $18 billion-dollar garment services industry. We currently
employ over 14,000 team partners who serve 300,000 business
customer locations throughout the U.S., Canada, and Europe. We were
included in the top 10 of Selling Power magazine's "Best Companies
to Sell For" list and recognized on Forbes magazine's "Platinum 400
- Best Big Companies" list. As an 80-year old company focused on
annual growth, there's never been a better time to join our team.
UniFirst is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate
in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of
race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical
or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy,
citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination
laws UniFirst is an equal employment/affirmative action employer.
If you need accommodation for any part of the application process
because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail
to TalentAcquisition@unifirst.com or call (978) 658-8888 to let us
know the nature of your request.
Keywords: UniFirst, Taylor , Stockroom Manager - UniFirst, Executive , Taylor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!