Mechanical Operations Manager
Posted on: November 21, 2022
That's Nice, but What Does a Reconditioning Center Operations
In short, the Reconditioning Center Mechanical Operations Manager
is responsible for assisting in the management of all aspects of
the Reconditioning Center, including bottom line management,
workflow, performance management, and quality assurance resolution.
The Mechanical Operations Manager must be able to meet goals and
make sure that all vehicles purchased at auction meet our standards
and are able to come with the 3 year/36,000 mile warranty we supply
our customers before they are sent to our retail stores for final
In long, the Reconditioning Center Mechanical Operations Manager is
- Ensure the dealerships are constantly supplied with a
sufficient variety of high quality vehicles to meet their sales
- Achieve bottom line management objectives through the effective
management of the Inspection Center team, operating expenses,
efficiency, quality, and productivity.
- Work with regional management and buyer team to establish
supply chain goals.
- Complete recruiting, screening, and hiring of the Inspection
Center team members using methods designed to reduce turnover and
- Hold regularly scheduled meetings with all Inspection Center
- Ensure Team Leads are effectively training and developing their
- Evaluate Inspection Center team performance and give feedback
constantly, regularly, and in a timely manner based on both
observations of performance, behavior, and a review of performance
- Assist in the completion and conduct of performance
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your
premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our
- Sundays off. We're closed to give our employees valued time
with family and friends.
- Full Benefits. 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and
- No customers. You do, what you do best - fix cars and work as a
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in
promoting from within with over 1,000 employees promoted last
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability
to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a
wide variety of audiences including management.
- Agile in a fast-paced environment. We move, and we move
quickly. Thriving in an environment that never stops, is a
- Plays well with others. You will be working in a
high-functioning team environment. We work together in order to win
- Management material. We are looking for someone that can lead,
manage and grow within our organization.
- We don't believe in being "fashionably late". You'll need to
adhere to regular and predictable attendance.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, college degree in business
or vocational/technical school preferred.
- 2+ years 'management experience
- Must demonstrate the ability to effectively manage and work
with all levels of employees and customers, and work in conjunction
with various corporate groups to achieve corporate and ground
- Valid driver's license, good driving record.
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training, and/or
education which fulfills the requirements of the position will be
Nice to Haves.
- 5-7 years total automotive repair experience
- Supply chain management
Anything Else? Absolutely. DriveTime was also voted the
Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren't
slowing down anytime soon! When it comes to hiring, we don't just
look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person
for DriveTime. Along the way, we provide plenty of opportunity to
be creative and grow professionally in a fun, high-energy
Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background
and drug screening process. DriveTime is an Equal Opportunity
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right
person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime.
Buckle up for plenty of opportunities to grow in a professional,
fun, and high-energy environment! Associated topics: energy,
geothermal, operations, operator, powerplant, powerplant
operations, scrubber, solar, turbine
Keywords: DriveTime, Taylor , Mechanical Operations Manager, Executive , Taylor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!