Company: Beaumont Health
Posted on: May 14, 2022
$10,000.00 Sign On Bonus -Beaumont is now offering a $10,000.00
sign on bonus for new hire full time RNs. Apply today to speak with
a recruiter.GENERAL SUMMARY: The clinical nurse, under the ANA
scope of practice utilizes the framework of the nursing process to
provide professional nursing care by incorporating patient-family
centered care principles. The Clinical Nurse provides quality
patient care under the direction of the Nurse Leader according to
Beaumont policies and procedures. -ESSENTIAL DUTIES: - - - - -
- Applies the nursing process of assessment, planning,
implementation, evaluation and discharge needs of
- Applies the Core Concepts of Patient- and Family-Centered Care
(PFCC) in practice, and uses this knowledge to personalize care for
- Recognizes the impact of nursing care and patient/family
partnerships on patient outcomes.
- Partners with and utilizes patient/family input and goals in
planning plan of care.
- Provides quality care that meets or exceeds the expectations of
value (core measures, quality matrix, patient experience, fiscally
- Provides assistance to individuals in a manner that takes into
account their special needs, age-related and cultural-related
- Recognizes the roles of the interdisciplinary team, patient and
family care partners and utilizes them appropriately as resources
in planning patient care.
- Delegates appropriate tasks.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and competently performs technical
procedures and uses equipment properly.
- Documents in the patient record in a timely, accurate and
concise manner. - Develops teaching strategies for patient/family;
documents education and learning appropriately in health
- Demonstrates leadership in the professional practice setting
and is responsible for continuing personal education, mentoring
peers and educating patients and families.
- Stays up to date with current health system initiatives and
incorporates evidence based practice and research into practice.
Maintains current knowledge in area of clinical practice.
- Completes a self-appraisal that includes professional goals
annually and completes peer review.
- Participates in department based activities, staff meetings and
- Actively participates in hand offs of care, including the
patient, family and partners in care.
- Demonstrates knowledge, understanding and embraces cultural
traditions and lore of community served.This document represents
the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job,
and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and
functions. It should be understood, therefore, that incumbents may
be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly
- Supports the Mission, Value and Vision of Beaumont Health (BH).
- Demonstrates personal commitment through active involvement in
the performance improvement process.
- Supports the Patient and Family-Centered Care (PFCC) model: ---
-Treats individuals with dignity and respect --- -Shares complete
and unbiased information with patients and their families ---
-Encourages and supports patient and family participation in their
care --- -Partners and collaborates with patients, families, and
team members to ensure an excellent and positive - patient
- Supports and contributes towards the BH culture: --- -Brings
best self to work each day --- -Is highly engaged --- -Reflects a
team oriented approach --- -Strives for excellence --- -Treats
patients, families, and co-workers with compassionate,
extraordinary care every day
- Supports and contributes towards the BH Just Culture
Environment: --- -Encourage employees to report safety and quality
concerns and encourage their participation in redesigning systems
and processes to minimize the risks of errors from happening. - ---
-Just Culture is about creating an environment where employees are
encouraged to do the right thing, including reporting safety and
quality concerns, so that we do not compromise our values in
pursuit of our mission.
- Exhibits excellent customer service skills and behaviors toward
internal and external customers and co-workers. - Promotes positive
public relations with patients/residents, family members, guests,
- Supports and adheres to all Beaumont Health's customer service,
service excellence, and performance standards. Supports and
participates with all required compliance standards that may be
department specific and/or identified by the organizations
including in-service training, acceptable attendance, uniform and
- Adheres to HIPAA requirements and maintains confidentiality of
all data, including patient/resident, employee and operations
- Supports and participates in a collaborative team oriented
environment - cooperates and works together with all co-workers,
plans and completes job duties, uses appropriate communications in
sensitive and emotional situations and follows up as appropriate
regarding reported complaints, problems and concerns.
- Supports, cooperates with and demonstrates safe work practices
and attitudes, follows safety rules - including universal
precautions - reports and prevents/corrects unsafe conditions and
behaviors, and participates in organizational and departmental
- Completes all required compliance standards that may be
department specific and/or identified by the organization.
- Maintains current licensure, registration and/or certification,
as applicable, at all timesSTANDARD QUALIFICATIONSTo perform this
job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. - The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. -
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential duties.Education / Training:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Diploma, A.D.N.,
B.S.N., M.S.N., DNP/PhD - if not minimum BSN prepared, new
graduate/nurse with less than one (1) year experience is required
to sign an educational contract upon hire to complete BSN within
specified timeframe and adhere to contract stipulations. RN must
enroll in an accredited BSN program within one (1) year of hire
date and complete within the next three (3) years. - This is
effective September 1, 2017.Specialty Certification highly
recommended after 2 years in specialty.Work Experience: - - As
required by job posting -Certification, Licensure, Registration: RN
with active license in State of MichiganOther Qualifications: -
Current American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Providers
certification and other certifications as required by
department.--- -Critical Care: ACLS within 6 months of
hire/transfer--- -Emergency Care: ACLS within 6 months of
hire/transfer, TNCC and ENPC within 12 and 15 months of
hire/transfer respectively.--- -NICU NRP within 6 months of
hire/transfer--- -Pediatrics: PALS within 12 months of
hire/transfer--- -Family Birth Center: NRP within 6 months of
hire/transfer--- -Family Birth Center: EFM within 1 year of
hire/transfer--- -Mother Baby Care: NRP within 6 months of
hire/transfer--- -Pre-Op and PACU requires ACLS and PALS within 6
months of hire--- -Endoscopy: ACLS required--- -Radiology: ACLS
within 6 months of hire
Keywords: Beaumont Health, Taylor , RN Surgery, Healthcare , Taylor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!