Director of Nursing (A)
Company: Beaumont Hospital Taylor
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Come grow with us!! An exciting opportunity exists at our
Beaumont- Taylor location as a Director of Nursing (A). Beaumont-
Taylor, is a 148-bed hospital that is a recognized health care
leader in the metro Detroit area. Proudly serving Taylor and
surrounding communities since 1977, it offers specialty services
including 24-hour emergency care, wound care and hyperbaric oxygen
therapy, a surgical pavilion, a pain management clinic, orthopedic
surgery, inpatient rehabilitation facility and full-service
radiology, including advanced CT w/cardiac scoring, Fixed MRI
including pacemaker, cinema vision and ultrasound (MSK &
The Director of Nursing is a registered professional nurse who
provides leadership and management of a specific service line
through the application of advanced competencies in communication;
job knowledge, professionalism and business skills. This leader is
a member of the chief nursing officer's administrative team and may
serve as her/his designee for assigned responsibilities. He/she
reports to the nursing operations leader and demonstrates own
leadership to effectively partner with nursing leadership, hospital
vice presidents, medical staff and other departments to create a
center of excellence for their specialty service and to meet or
exceed the hospital's mission, vision and goals. This leader
administers to two or more cost centers with over 50 FTEs.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Under general direction, maintains 24-hour responsibility and
accountability for providing leadership and management of a
designated patient care units/service line which promotes quality
nursing care, cost effective use of resources and professional
growth for nursing staff. This position is located at our Beaumont-
Taylor location and supports the inpatient nursing units
(TBI/Rehab, Med/Surg, ICU, PCU, etc.)
- Provides direction and leadership to achieve the division's
short and long-term goals and outcomes.
- Develops and achieves annual Division goals that support the
Mission and Vision. Updates nursing strategic plan progress
quarterly with written plan for improving targets not being
- Manages the Human Resources of the units to ensure the
achievement of Department Goals including employee satisfaction,
staff retention, and performance while optimizing resource
- Oversees hiring, training, evaluation and engagement of staff
members, ensuring Patient Experience behaviors are demonstrated
- Develops staffing patterns for division based on budgeted hours
per patient day.
- Demonstrates leadership skills, consistent with system Mission
and Vision to select, train, develop, empower, coach, delegate work
assignments, and evaluate performance.
- Demonstrates commitment to process and performance improvement
and role models the concepts while assuring high quality and safety
of service within the department. Holds division managers
accountable for Plan, Do, Check, Act process for all unmet quality
targets including action plans and follow up.
- Develops and oversees capital and operations budgets for the
department and leads the yearly process for budget development with
all direct reports. Maintains operations of the division within
fiscal and productivity guidelines as set forth by annual budgetary
process, while holding managers accountable for targets.
- Collaborates with nursing management and medical staff to
promote smooth, timely, and efficient patient throughput.
- Communicates effectively and consistently with all division
reports including weekly meetings, 1:1 monthly meetings for
feedback and follow up, and quarterly division retreats to assess
progress toward division goals.
- Participates in activities that promote good will and/or
exposure in the community.
- Develops and implements a personal development program to
assure continuing professional growth.
- Maintains current nursing license and any additional
- Demonstrates Customer Focus, Patient Experience, and Patient
and Family Centered Care.
- Participates in and leads activities associated with Magnet
goals for the organization.
- Ensures and enhances facility, safety, and regulatory outcomes
including TJC, CMS, National Patient Safety Goals and compliance to
Restraint/Seclusion policies and procedures.
- Completes all mandatory training/education/competencies
required for job classification, along with TB testing and flu
- Demonstrates knowledge of Chain of Command process and
initiates as needed.
- Education / Training:
- Master's degree required. Either graduate or undergraduate
degree must be in nursing.
- Work Experience:
- Five years progressive nursing leadership experience
- Certification, Licensure, Registration:
- RN license in the State of Michigan.
- Nursing specialty certification required within 1 year.
- AHA/ARC BLS Certification, required
- Other Qualifications:
- Management of multiple units in like services highly
Keywords: Beaumont Hospital Taylor, Taylor , Director of Nursing (A), Healthcare , Taylor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!