RN Intermediate ICU
Company: Beaumont Hospital Taylor
Posted on: June 23, 2022
RN Intermediate ICU - $10,000.00 sign-on bonus for new
hiresFull-time, Days (other shifts may be available)Details about
this unit: Unit Summary: Beaumont Taylor ICU is a 16 bed Medical
ICU. Here you will receive a variety of medical diagnoses. We
provide care for patients requiring ventilator support, medication
management and surgery recovery. We assist physicians with various
bedside procedures. The nurses work alongside of the Intensivist
and the multi-disciplinary teams providing care and daily updates
concerning the patient progress.We are looking for new team members
to join the unit that will exhibit high energy, with innovative
ideas that will cultivate an atmosphere of excellent patient care.
Reaching for professional growth and help development of a cohesive
team environment collectively striving for the same goal, Nursing
Excellence!GENERAL SUMMARY: The clinical nurse, under the ANA scope
of practice utilizes the framework of the nursing process to
provide professional nursing care by incorporating patient-family
centered care principles. The Clinical Nurse provides quality
patient care under the direction of the Nurse Leader according to
Beaumont policies and procedures.ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Applies the nursing process of assessment, planning,
implementation, evaluation and discharge needs of
- Applies the Core Concepts of Patient- and Family-Centered Care
(PFCC) in practice, and uses this knowledge to personalize care for
- Recognizes the impact of nursing care and patient/family
partnerships on patient outcomes.
- Partners with and utilizes patient/family input and goals in
planning plan of care.
- Provides quality care that meets or exceeds the expectations of
value (core measures, quality matrix, patient experience, fiscally
- Provides assistance to individuals in a manner that takes into
account their special needs, age-related and cultural-related
- Recognizes the roles of the interdisciplinary team, patient and
family care partners and utilizes them appropriately as resources
in planning patient care.
- Delegates appropriate tasks.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and competently performs technical
procedures and uses equipment properly.
- Documents in the patient record in a timely, accurate and
concise manner. Develops teaching strategies for patient/family;
documents education and learning appropriately in health record.
- Demonstrates leadership in the professional practice setting
and is responsible for continuing personal education, mentoring
peers and educating patients and families.
- Stays up to date with current health system initiatives and
incorporates evidence based practice and research into practice.
Maintains current knowledge in area of clinical practice.
- Completes a self-appraisal that includes professional goals
annually and completes peer review.
- Participates in department based activities, staff meetings and
- Actively participates in hand offs of care, including the
patient, family and partners in care.
- Demonstrates knowledge, understanding and embraces cultural
traditions and lore of community served.This document represents
the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job,
and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and
functions. It should be understood, therefore, that incumbents may
be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly
- Supports the Mission, Value and Vision of Beaumont Health (BH).
Demonstrates personal commitment through active involvement in the
performance improvement process.
- Supports the Patient and Family-Centered Care (PFCC) model:
- Treats individuals with dignity and respect
- Shares complete and unbiased information with patients and
- Encourages and supports patient and family participation in
- Partners and collaborates with patients, families, and team
members to ensure an excellent and positive patient experience
- Supports and contributes towards the BH culture:
- Brings best self to work each day
- Is highly engaged
- Reflects a team oriented approach
- Strives for excellence
- Treats patients, families, and co-workers with compassionate,
extraordinary care every day
- Supports and contributes towards the BH Just Culture
- Encourage employees to report safety and quality concerns and
encourage their participation in redesigning systems and processes
to minimize the risks of errors from happening.
- Just Culture is about creating an environment where employees
are encouraged to do the right thing, including reporting safety
and quality concerns, so that we do not compromise our values in
pursuit of our mission.
- Exhibits excellent customer service skills and behaviors toward
internal and external customers and co-workers. Promotes positive
public relations with patients/residents, family members, guests,
- Supports and adheres to all Beaumont Health's customer service,
service excellence, and performance standards. Supports and
participates with all required compliance standards that may be
department specific and/or identified by the organizations
including in-service training, acceptable attendance, uniform and
- Adheres to HIPAA requirements and maintains confidentiality of
all data, including patient/resident, employee and operations
- Supports and participates in a collaborative team oriented
environment - cooperates and works together with all co-workers,
plans and completes job duties, uses appropriate communications in
sensitive and emotional situations and follows up as appropriate
regarding reported complaints, problems and concerns.
- Supports, cooperates with and demonstrates safe work practices
and attitudes, follows safety rules - including universal
precautions - reports and prevents/corrects unsafe conditions and
behaviors, and participates in organizational and departmental
- Completes all required compliance standards that may be
department specific and/or identified by the organization.
- Maintains current licensure, registration and/or certification,
as applicable, at all timesSTANDARD QUALIFICATIONSTo perform this
job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential duties.Education / Training:
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Diploma, A.D.N.,
B.S.N., M.S.N., DNP/PhD - if not minimum BSN prepared, new
graduate/nurse with less than one (1) year experience is required
to sign an educational contract upon hire to complete BSN within
specified timeframe and adhere to contract stipulations. RN must
enroll in an accredited BSN program within one (1) year of hire
date and complete within the next three (3) years. This is
effective September 1, 2017.
Specialty Certification highly recommended after 2 years in
specialty.Work Experience: As required by job postingCertification,
Licensure, Registration: RN with active license in State of
- Current American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Providers
certification is required at time of hire
- Other certifications as required by department
- Critical Care: ACLS within 6 months of hire/transfer
Keywords: Beaumont Hospital Taylor, Taylor , RN Intermediate ICU, Healthcare , Taylor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!