Registered Nurse Full Time Midnights
Company: Beaumont Health
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Now offering a $10,000 sign on bonus for this Full-Time,
position!Improve health, instill humanity and inspire hope. That's
just the beginning of the difference you can make when you join our
team of Registered Nurses at Beaumont. -As the largest
not-for-profit health care system serving Michigan, we offer a
world of opportunity within our expansive system. We have more
nationally ranked hospitals than any other health system in the
state, including six that are Magnet --recognized. In total,
Beaumont has eight hospitals and 155 outpatient sites that provide
diverse practice settings located in communities throughout
southeastern Michigan and the greater Detroit metropolitan area. -
- -Beaumont, Taylor, is a 148-bed, Magnet --designated hospital
that is a recognized health care leader in the metro Detroit area.
Proudly serving Taylor and surrounding communities since 1977, it
offers specialty services that include 24-hour emergency care,
wound care and hyperbaric oxygen therapy, a surgical pavilion, a
pain management clinic, orthopedic surgery, an inpatient
rehabilitation facility and full-service radiology, including
advanced CT with cardiac scoring, fixed MRI including pacemaker,
cinema vision and ultrasound (MSK and elastography).UNIT SUMMARY:
We are a 35 bed Patient Family Centered Care ( PFCC )
Rehabilitation Unit designed for patients with Intensive therapy
needs. - Our patient's average length of stay is between 12 -14
days. - We provide a transitional setting between the hospital and
the patient's home. - It is ideal for those who are medically
stable, motivated and able to physically tolerate three hours of
therapy per day, five days per week. - Our team includes patients,
their families, and other medical and case management professions.
- We have a team approach for our patients individualized treatment
plan.GENERAL SUMMARY: The clinical nurse, under the ANA scope of
practice utilizes the framework of the nursing process to provide
professional nursing care by incorporating patient-family centered
care principles. The Clinical Nurse provides quality patient care
under the direction of the Nurse Leader according to Beaumont
policies and procedures. BENEFITSBeaumont offers a comprehensive
benefits package to meet your financial, health and life-work
- NEW On-demand pay program - powered by Payactiv
- Generous paid time off, holidays and flexible scheduling
- Our employees receive special discounts on a wide range of
products and services
- Exceptional health, dental, vision and prescription drug
- Relocation assistance
- Generous retirement savings, disability insurance, identify
theft protection and even home and auto insurance
- Free onsite parking at all campusesSTANDARD QUALIFICATIONSTo
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Education / Training:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with an associate's
degree or higher. Diploma, A.D.N., B.S.N., M.S.N., DNP/PhD - if not
minimum BSN prepared, new graduate/nurse with less than one (1)
year experience is required to sign an educational contract upon
hire to complete BSN within specified timeframe and adhere to
contract stipulations. RN must enroll in an accredited BSN program
within one (1) year of licensure date and complete within the next
four (4) years. This is effective September 1, 2017.
- Work Experience:
- As required by job posting.
- Certification, Licensure, Registration:
- RN with active license in State of Michigan. Specialty
Certification highly recommended after 2 years in specialty.
- Other Qualifications:
- Current American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Providers
certification and other certifications as required by department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: - - - - - -
- Applies the nursing process of assessment, planning,
implementation, evaluation and discharge needs of
- Applies the Core Concepts of Patient- and Family-Centered Care
(PFCC) in practice and uses this knowledge to personalize care for
- -Recognizes the impact of nursing care and patient/family
partnerships on patient outcomes.
- Partners with and utilizes patient/family input and goals in
planning plan of care.
- Provides quality care that meets or exceeds the expectations of
value (core measures, quality matrix, patient experience, fiscally
- Provides assistance to individuals in a manner that takes into
account their special needs, age-related and cultural-related
- Recognizes the roles of the interdisciplinary team, patient and
family care partners and utilizes them appropriately as resources
in planning patient care.
- Delegates appropriate tasks.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and competently performs technical
procedures and uses equipment properly.
- Documents in the patient record in a timely, accurate and
concise manner. Develops teaching strategies for patient/family;
documents education and learning appropriately in health
- Demonstrates leadership in the professional practice setting
and is responsible for continuing personal education, mentoring
peers and educating patients and families.
- Stays up to date with current health system initiatives and
incorporates evidence based practice and research into practice.
Maintains current knowledge in area of clinical practice.
- Completes a self-appraisal that includes professional goals
annually and completes peer review.
- Participates in department-based activities, staff meetings and
- Actively participates in hand offs of care, including the
patient, family and partners in care.
- Demonstrates knowledge, understanding and embraces cultural
traditions and lore of community served.This document represents
the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job,
and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and
functions. It should be understood, therefore, that incumbents may
be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly
- Physical Effort:
- StrengthPosition requires ability to frequently push/pull up to
30 lb. objects with assist of others, occasional requires ability
to lift objects more than 50 lbs. with others, constantly lift
objects up to 20 lbs. And frequently lift up to 40 lbs.
- Manual DexterityPosition requires incumbent to constantly
perform simple motor skills such as standing, walking and simple
manipulative skills such as writing. Position requires incumbent to
frequently perform moderately difficult manipulative skills such as
- CoordinationPosition requires incumbent to constantly perform
gross body coordination such as walking. Frequently perform tasks
which require hand-eye coordination such as assisting patients to
eat, collections of specimens for transport to lab and tasks which
require arm-hand steadiness such as taking patients temps and
- MobilityPositions requires incumbent to constantly walk and
stand; occasionally sit for prolonged periods, frequently bend such
as when caring for a patient in bed.
- Visual Discrimination Positions requires incumbent to
constantly see objects far away as in driving and see close objects
such as reading thermometers.
- HearingPositions requires incumbent to constantly be able to
hear normal sound with some background noise as in answering
phone/intercom. Frequently be able to distinguish sound as in
- Work Environment:
- Employee may be frequently exposed to electro-magnetic
radiations as in VDTs. Occasionally exposed to hazardous material
other than blood, body tissues, or fluids, dust, toxins,
cytotoxons, chemical hazardous materials, bodily injuries, loud
and/or unpleasant noises, high humidity, electrical hazards, or
poisonous substances. Infrequently exposed to blood, body tissue,
or fluids. Seldom exposed to fluctuations in temperature, grease,
oil, and radiation.
- Potential risk of an exposure to hazardous medications or waste
materials of hazardous medications.We are an Equal Opportunity
EmployerBeaumont Health grants equal employment opportunity to all
qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin,
sex, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital
status, height, weight, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally
protected category. This is where extraordinary begins. Find out
where it can take you and your career. - Apply Now!
Keywords: Beaumont Health, Taylor , Registered Nurse Full Time Midnights, Healthcare , Taylor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!