Company: Beaumont Hospital Taylor
Posted on: November 23, 2022
*Certified Hand Therapist preferred
*Hand Splinting experience preferred
In collaboration with an interdisciplinary team, provides
therapeutic services including evaluation, treatment, and
education. Monitors the treatment activities of COTA's and
1. Completes evaluations of assigned patients in accordance with
the established standards of care and practice.
2. Plans and provides treatment to assigned patients as appropriate
in accordance with established standards of care and practice.
3. Completes all documentation of services per department
4. Attends all required safety training programs and can describe
his or her responsibilities related to general safety,
department/service safety, and specific job related hazards.
5. Follows the hospital exposure control plans/bloodborne and
6. Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients,
families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional,
responsible, and courteous environment.
7. Promotes effective working relations and works effectively as
part of a department/unit team inter- and intra-departmentally to
facilitate the department's/unit's ability to meet its goals and
8. Maintains updated license and submits evidence of status to
supervisor/manager within two weeks of receipt of new or updated
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and
authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list
of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore,
that incumbents may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond
those explicitly described.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
A. Education / Training:
- Graduate from an accredited OT school.
B. Work Experience:
- Successful completion of clinical internship.
- Previous clinical experience/rehabilitation experience
C. Certification, Licensure, Registration:
- Current State OT license.
- BLS certification.
D. Other Qualifications:
- Handles multiple priorities.
- Independent discretion/decision making.
- Makes decisions under pressure.
- Manages anger/fear/hostility.
- Manages stress appropriately.
- Works alone effectively.
- Works in close proximity to others or in a distracting
- Works with others effectively.
A. Physical Effort:
- Position requires ability to frequently push/pull up to 100 lb.
objects such as when setting up the BIODEX/KINCOM or other
equipment or positioning patient; ability to support/assist with a
person's body weight when assisting the therapist with transfers or
- Position requires ability to lift objects more than 100 lbs. with
others, constantly lift objects up to 20 lbs. and frequently lift
up to 40 lbs.
- Position requires incumbent to constantly perform simple motor
skills such as standing, walking and simple manipulative skills
such as writing.
- Position requires incumbent to frequently perform moderately
difficult manipulative skills such as positioning patients and/or
difficult manipulative skills such as equipment set up, use and/or
- Position requires incumbent to constantly perform gross body
coordination such as walking, stooping, and/or assisting with
patient transfers. Frequently perform tasks which require hand-eye
coordination such as assisting patients to lab and tasks which
require arm-hand steadiness such as taking blood pressures and/or
equipment calibration or set up.
- Positions requires incumbent to constantly walk and stand;
occasionally sit for prolonged periods and/or remain in an
uncomfortable position for long periods, frequently bend such as
when setting up patients and/or equipment.
- Positions requires incumbent to constantly see objects closely as
in reading equipment settings/controls and/or occasionally
discriminate colors as in equipment warning lights.
- Positions requires incumbent to constantly be able to hear normal
sound with some background noise as in answering the telephone,
respond to an intercom and/or communicating in areas where multiple
treatment sessions are being conducted and be able to distinguish
sound as in equipment alarms.
B. Work Environment:
- Occasionally exposed to electro-magnetic radiations as in
- Occasionally exposed to hazardous material other than blood, body
tissues, or fluids, dust, toxins, cytotoxions, chemical hazardous
materials, bodily injuries, loud and/or unpleasant noises, high
humidity, electrical hazards, or poisonous substances.
- Seldom exposed to blood, body tissue, or fluids.
- Potential risk of an exposure to hazardous medications or waste
materials of hazardous medications.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Beaumont Health grants equal employment opportunity to all
qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin,
sex, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital
status, height, weight, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally
Keywords: Beaumont Hospital Taylor, Taylor , Occupational Therapist, Healthcare , Taylor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!