$5000 Sign on Bonus - Radiology Technologist
Company: Beaumont Health
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Making a Difference Begins at Beaumont. Join our nationally
recognized team and caring culture.
$5,000.00 sign on bonus available for full time roles, $2,500.00
available for part time.
Full time, rotating shift -
Under supervision and according to established policies and
procedures, performs accurate and efficient diagnostic exams in all
areas of general radiology. Technologists must demonstrate good
clinical skills and provide the best possible images for
interpretation. Applies principles of radiation protection and
complies with regulations. Assumes responsibility for designated
area and provides clinical instruction as appropriate. Follows
Beaumont philosophy of Patient and Family Centered Care at all
1. Performs quality diagnostic exams after verification of patient
identification and physician order.
2. Acquire an accurate patient history and document in the medical
3. Monitors patients during procedures to ensure patient
4. Perform radiographic and related patient care procedures using
age appropriate methods for patient's physical ability and/or
5. Ensures STAT requests are relayed to radiologist in a timely
6. Effectively communicates on an inter/intra-department level with
customer service, administrative, medical staff, and peers.
7. Demonstrates ability to proficiently operate diagnostic imaging
equipment and follow policy for any malfunctions or quality control
8. Utilize ALARA standards for minimizing radiation exposure to
patient, staff and self.
9. Provides procedural information/education to the patient/family
prior to each exam.
10. Contributes to the effective operations of the department by
assisting fellow employees and staying in compliance with quality
assurance and quality control.
11. Ability to accurately and efficiently use hospital computer
systems for verifying orders, viewing schedules and sending
information to PACS.
12. Assists in the training of students/new hires.
13. Ensures equipment is wiped down between patients and exam room
is clean and properly stocked with linen and supplies.
14. Maintains competency in all assigned areas including, but not
limited to fluoroscopic, general diagnostic, orthopedic and
A. Education / Training:
- Graduate of Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic
Technology (JRCERT) Accredited Radiography program.
B. Work Experience:
- Training gained at student level.
C. Certification, Licensure, Registration:
- Certification by American Registry of Radiologic Technologists;
Must remain in good standing with the ARRT.
- Must be registered within 6 months of hire date.
A. Physical Effort:
- Position requires ability to frequently push/pull up to 30 lb.
objects with assistance of others; occasionally requires ability to
lift objects more than 50 lbs. with assistance; and frequently lift
up to 40 lbs.
- Position requires employee to constantly perform simple motor
skills such as standing, walking and simple manipulative skills
such as writing. Position requires employee to frequently perform
moderately difficult manipulative skills such as positioning
- Position requires employee to constantly perform gross body
coordination. Frequently perform tasks which require hand-eye
coordination such as collecting of specimens for transport to lab
and tasks which require arm-hand steadiness.
- Position requires employee to constantly walk and stand;
occasionally sit for prolonged periods; frequently bending such as
when caring for a patient in bed.
- Position requires employee to constantly see objects far away as
in driving and see close objects such as computer screens.
- Position requires employee to constantly be able to hear normal
sounds with some background noise as in answering phone/intercom.
Be able to distinguish sound as in equipment alarms.
B. Work Environment:
- Employee may be: frequently exposed to ionizing radiation.
Potentially exposed to hazardous material such as blood, body
tissues, or fluids, dust, toxins, cytotoxins, chemical hazardous
materials, bodily injuries, loud and or unpleasant noises: seldom
exposed to, high humidity, electrical hazards, or poisonous
substances; fluctuations in temperature, grease, and oil.
- Potential risk of an exposure to hazardous medications or waste
materials of hazardous medications.
Beaumont Health grants equal employment opportunity to all
qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin,
sex, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital
status, height, weight, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally
Keywords: Beaumont Health, Taylor , $5000 Sign on Bonus - Radiology Technologist, Healthcare , Taylor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!