Clinical Social Worker MSW
Company: Beaumont Health
Posted on: March 17, 2023
GENERAL SUMMARY: To work collaboratively with members of an
interdisciplinary team in order to assist patients and families
with complex psychosocial needs. These interventions may include,
but are not exclusive to: alternate site coordination, discharge
planning, addressing all forms of identified abuse/neglect,
adoption, substance use disorders, assisting with end of life
decisions, providing appropriate referral resources, bereavement
support, adjustment counseling, facilitating guardianships and
behavioral health concerns (including psychiatric transfers).
- Conducts psychosocial assessments with patient and or family to
assist with identified psychosocial needs or who may be identified
to require an alternate site of care post discharge and executes a
- Communicates with alternate sites of care and/or community
agencies in an effective and timely manner, to best address the
- Completes and documents the assessment and plan in the
electronic medical record, accurately reflecting the patient's
current condition, situational factors, transition of care needs
and psychosocial imperatives.
- Provides consultation and resources to members of the
- Responsible for maintaining relevant and current knowledge of
- Participates or assists in department or hospital committees,
projects etc., as assigned/requested.
- Develops and maintains current knowledge of federal and state
regulations as they pertain to role Inpatient psychiatric duties:
- Conducts daily group therapy sessions with eligible inpatients
and Partial program patients and also may perform utilization
review for this patient population
- Provides discharge planning and utilization approvals for post
inpatient care. STANDARD QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Education / Training:
- Master's degree in social work
- Work Experience:
- Experience in individual, family assessment, crisis
intervention, grief and loss counseling, and discharge planning
- Certification, Licensure, Registration:
- State of Michigan Social Work License. LMSW expected within 5
years of employment.
- Other Qualifications:
- Demonstrate knowledge of growth and development and dynamics of
behavior for age related groups. Must demonstrate excellent oral
and written communication skills. Must be proficient in Microsoft
Word and ability to adapt to technical demands of electronic
communication. Ability to work independently but contribute
positively to team performance. Ability to manage, prioritize
multiple situations and tasks while remaining calm. Must
demonstrate willingness to be flexible and cope with multiple job
stressors. ADDENDUM TO ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Demonstrates knowledge and commitment to the mission,
philosophy, and objectives of the Beaumont CHAC/Teen Ctrs/SWP/E3
sites and the. Community Benefit/Health Division.
- In encounters with staff, patients, and their families,
demonstrates Compassion, Respect, Integrity, Teamwork,
- Provides ongoing, timely and regular clinical observation for:
individual, group and family counseling
- Conducts timely psycho-social assessments and other
- When appropriate, works with school social workers, community
probation officers and clinical staff to develop a plan of care for
each client when appropriate.
- Assists staff in making appropriate client referrals to
community and professional resources within and outside of the
- Works in collaboration with schools, police, and other
community agencies to develop and implement prevention and
- Provides clinical and professional consultation regarding teen
center patients to other teen center staff
- Demonstrates knowledge of policy and procedures and regulatory
compliance to optimize client care and safety.
- Supports performance improvement initiatives based on client
satisfaction and quality
- Demonstrates respect and maintains client's dignity and
- Participates in recruiting, orienting, and mentoring new
- Maintains professional affiliations and memberships
- Demonstrates responsibility for own professional growth and
- Uses EPIC for patient documentation
- Provides mental health training to teen center and school
- Provides mental health evidenced based curriculum to
- Assists team members with grant reports ADDENDUM TO
QUALIFICATIONS Work Experience:
- Must have a good knowledge of the principles and practices of
social work. Will be expected to utilize a variety of highly
developed skills in individual and/or group methods.
- 2 years of social work experience working with youth and/or
- Must possess the interpersonal skills necessary to provide
counseling to patients with mental illness.
- Prior experience in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Crisis
- Expertise in clinical social work, knowledge of state and
federal regulations in the field of social work, working knowledge
of community and professional resources and referral strategies.
Strong communication skills with the ability to provide counseling
Keywords: Beaumont Health, Taylor , Clinical Social Worker MSW, Healthcare , Taylor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...