Web Press Operator/Commercial Print
Company: Printwell Acquistion Co Inc.
Posted on: January 11, 2022
1) Makes ready and operates multiunit, web-fed rotary press to
print newspapers, books, and periodicals according to written
2) Adjusts compensators to guide paper over rollers and
3) Inspects printed sheets visually after registration or position
printing and readjusts guides and controls to rectify spacing
4) Adjusts feed controls to rotate cylinder into position where
plate locking mechanism is accessible.
5) Locks printing plates on printing cylinder and threads loose end
of paper supply roll through and around rollers to cutter and
folder. Unlocks plates and replaces according to directions marked
on plate regarding location.
6) Rethreads paper through press if web breaks and readjusts
7) Operates pasting device to splice end of new paper roll to
8) Inspects printed material visually during production and
readjusts controls to correct irregular ink distribution, faulty
cuts or folds.
9) Replaces cutting blades, worn or damaged ink rolls, and fills
10) Cleans, inspects, and lubricates moving parts of press.
11) Supervise and instruct apprentices.
12) May load supply rolls of paper in press at beginning and during
13) May be designated Tension Regulator when installing paper rolls
in press and adjusting controls to regulate tension of paper; or
Color-Control Operator when adjusting ink controls to secure
specified color registration.
14) Completes other duties as assigned by leadership.
Keywords: Printwell Acquistion Co Inc., Taylor , Web Press Operator/Commercial Print, IT / Software / Systems , Taylor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!