Company: SGS North America
Posted on: May 3, 2021
SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and
certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark
for quality and integrity. With more than 94,000 employees, SGS
operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around
The Technician, Intermediate will be responsible for executing
daily test plans in accordance with customer requirements and
ensuring the test results are of the highest quality and accuracy.
You will also be responsible for installing customer components and
test fixtures into the test cell, installing instrumentation,
setting up the test control interface, and maintenance of various
- Install and setup customer supplied components for testing
using, but not limited to, electrodynamic shakers, hydraulics,
pneumatics, burners or environmental systems.
- Execute test plans by following procedures set forth by the
- Perform measurements and initial data quality checks.
- Configure test operation system for safe and optimal testing
- Become proficient at using various controllers to operate test
- Setup data channel configurations and test profiles.
- Ability to approach problems in a scientific manner and
implement resolutions with minimal guidance.
- Ability to effectively communicate and articulate ideas,
operational issues, and test quality issues to engineers and
- Maintain a safe working environment through awareness and good
- At all times, comply with SGS Code of Integrity and
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 or more years experience in a durability testing
- Experience in equipment maintenance, repair, and diagnostic
- Works well with engineering and technician teams, able to
adjust to customer demands as they present themselves.
- Technician work in a technical industry (automotive, aerospace,
industrial, etc.) is a plus.
- Strong understanding of mechanical systems.
- Must be available to work day shift, stay late when needed, and
occasionally perform weekend work as necessary.
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit,
hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability,
age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other
characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without
reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are
representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive
statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a
general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts
the companys rights to assign or reassign duties and
responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and
you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application
because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance
and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note,
this phone number is not for general employment information, but is
only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a
position due to a disability.
Keywords: SGS North America, Taylor , Technician, Intermediate, Other , Taylor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!