Company: Beaumont Hospitals
Posted on: May 31, 2021
Under site designate leader, and according to established
policies and procedures performs accurate and efficient Ultrasound
exams utilizing appropriate imaging equipment, independent
judgment, ingenuity and initiative. Technologists must demonstrate
good clinical skills and provide the best possible images for
interpretation. Follows Beaumont philosophy of Patient and Family
Centered Care at all times.
- Verifies patient identification and physician order.
- Provides procedural information/education to the patient/family
prior to each exam.
- Acquires an accurate patient history and documents in the
- Performs Ultrasound and related patient care procedures using
age appropriate methods for patient's physical ability and/or
- Proficiently operates ultrasound imaging equipment and performs
necessary quality control and quality assurance testing.
- Monitors patients during procedures to ensure patient
- Reviews ultrasound images with the Radiologist as
- Ensures STAT requests are relayed to radiologist in a timely
- When required, assists with procedures using sterile technique,
receives and documents samples for lab processing. Disposes of
fluids according to biohazard protocols.
- Ensures equipment is wiped down between patients and exam room
is clean and properly stocked with linen and supplies.
- Accurately and efficiently uses hospital computer systems for
verifying orders, viewing schedules and sending information to
- Uses effective inter/intra-departmental communication and
participates with medical staff, management, technical and support
- Assist in training new staff/students.
- Verifies correct patient, correct exam / final verification,
clarify questionable orders with ordering physician or
- Graduate of Diagnostic Ultrasound Program or equivalent.
- Minimal as gained at student level.
- Registered by American Registry Diagnostic Medical Sonography
(ARDMS) or Registry eligible, paid at the trainee rate for up to 1
- If unregistered, must obtain at least one (ABD or OB/GYN)
within 1 year from hire. Additional registry within two years from
date of hire.
- If registered at hire additional registry must be obtained
within 1 year from hire.
- Basic Life Support Certification for Healthcare Providers at
hire through the American Heart Association.
Keywords: Beaumont Hospitals, Taylor , Ultrasonographer, Other , Taylor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!