Recreational Therapist PRN
Company: Beaumont Hospitals
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The Certified Therapeutic Recreational Specialist uses
treatment, education and recreational activities to help people
with illnesses, disabilities, and other conditions to develop to
and use leisure in ways to enhance their physical, cognitive, and
psychological function. The therapist is required to appropriately
interact with all patients, regardless of age and culture, and to
adhere to the Beaumont customer standards.
- Evaluate patients, develop treatment plan, including treatment
goals and makes recommendations for appropriate services and
community referrals. Implements treatment and discharge plans,
updates treatment goals and plans. Creates and implements
individualized HEP's and maintains community resource file.
Educates patients and significant others and meets departmental
- Document evaluation results, treatment and discharge plans,
home exercise programs and daily treatment according to all
applicable laws, rules, regulations, and professional
- Maintains verbal, written and electronic communication and
collaborates with interdisciplinary treatment team, referral
sources, physicians, and 3rd party payors.
- Participates in leadership functions: community outreach, CQI,
marketing, cost containment, program development, teaches staff,
physicians and others.
- Professional development: Attends staff meetings; maintains and
improves competence through self-study, attending in-services and
continuing education programs. Clinical education to students.
- Responsible for professional development.
- Education / Training: Bachelor's degree or post baccalaureate
degree in Therapeutic Recreation from an accredited college or
- Work Experience: Works with patients who have sustained
traumatic or neurological disorders, such as brain injury; CVA;
amputations; CIM; and or spinal cord injury.
- Certification, Licensure, Registration: Certified by the
National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification (NCTRC),
must possess a valid Michigan driver's license, Chauffeur's License
Class III Endorsement, and acceptable MI motor vehicle record.
- Other Qualifications: Competent clinical and evaluation skills
are required. Ability to demonstrate Beaumont customer service
standards; excellent verbal and written communication; ability to
work independently in a fast-paced environment; knowledge of
clinical pathology, evaluation and treatment techniques for
assigned population. Must be able to demonstrate basic computer
proficiency for EMR documentation in the treatment of traumatic
brain and spinal cord injured patients. Requires collaborating with
a multidisciplinary team, good communication skills are
Keywords: Beaumont Hospitals, Taylor , Recreational Therapist PRN, Other , Taylor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!