Optical Service Representative, Taylor
Company: Henry Ford Hospital (Detroit)
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Greets and directs patients in a friendly, professional and
efficient manner. Investigates and resolves patient inquiries
concerning merchandise, service, and billing in person or over the
phone. Completes and records sales transactions accurately in HFO
Point of Sale (POS) system. Works closely with all HFO departments
to coordinate patients services.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Effectively maintains multiple phone lines while utilizing
proper telephone etiquette. Turns information inquiries into
- Accurately and efficiently schedules appointments, completes
and maintains patient electronic medical records. Accurately and
consistently maintains the cash drawer and sales ledger.
- Explains Ocular Corneal Tomography to all patients over the age
- Performs entry into HFOs point of sale system. Performs
prescription entry for eyeglasses and contact lenses. Follows
medical triage guidelines for emergency cases. Communicates
prescription information with pharmacies.
- Places order and directly ships to patient homes or businesses.
Interprets doctors prescriptions and answers customer questions.
Suggests products and enhancements to address specific prescription
- Answers basic and complex customer questions or concerns.
- Has an understanding of products and services that are
available to customers.
- Demonstrates a desire to create value for customers and exceed
- Handles multiple customers effectively with tact and a sense of
- Redirects customers to appropriate source if necessary.
- Trained on Web Denis, Medicare/Medicaid certified to speak with
- Works closely with all departments to coordinate services.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Basic math skills required.
- Previous retail, hospitality, or customer service experience
required. Previous optical experience preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate effective organization skills,
prioritize multiple tasks and daily activities.
- Requires completion of all training courses as directed by
Henry Ford OptimEyes.
- Must practice the customer skills as provided through on-going
training and in-services.
- Must meet or exceed core customer service responsibilities,
standards and behaviors as outlined in the HFHS'Customer Service
- Works in retail optical environment.
- Must attend monthly staff meetings, before hours, to promote
and build effective teams to insure everyone is committed to
- Requires evening and weekend hours.
- Must be able to walk, stand and bend for extended periods of
Under the leadership of President and CEO Wright L. Lassiter, III,
Henry Ford Health System is a
$6 billion integrated health system comprised of six hospitals, a
health plan, and 250+ sites
including medical centers, walk-in and urgent care clinics,
pharmacy, eye care facilities and
other healthcare retail. Established in 1915 by auto industry
pioneer Henry Ford, the health system
now has 32,000 employees and remains home to the 1,900-member Henry
Ford Medical Group, one
of the nations oldest physician groups. An additional 2,200
physicians are also affiliated with the
health system through the Henry Ford Physician Network. Henry Ford
is also one of the regions
major academic medical centers, receiving between $90-$100 million
in annual research funding and
remaining Michigans fourth largest NIH-funded institution. Also an
active participant in medical
education and training, the health system has trained nearly 40% of
physicians currently practicing
in the state and also provides education and training for other
health professionals including nurses,
pharmacists, radiology and respiratory technicians.
Whether it's offering a new medical option, helping you make
healthier lifestyle choices or
making the employee enrollment selection experience easier, it's
all about choice. Henry
Ford Health System has a new approach for its employee benefits
program - My Choice
Rewards. My Choice Rewards is a program as diverse as the people it
serves. There are
dozens of options for all of our employees including compensation,
benefits, work/life balance
and learning - options that enhance your career and add value to
your personal life. As an
employee you are provided access to Retirement Programs, an
Employee Assistance Program
(Henry Ford Enhanced), Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off,
Employee Health and Wellness, and a whole host of other benefits
and services. Employee'sclassified as contingent status are not
eligible for benefits.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer Henry
Ford Health System is
committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all
individuals without regard to
race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, national origin,
disability, veteran status, size, height,
weight, marital status, family status, gender identity, sexual
orientation, and genetic information,
or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal
and state laws.
Keywords: Henry Ford Hospital (Detroit), Taylor , Optical Service Representative, Taylor, Other , Taylor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!