Company: Beaumont Hospitals
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Under direction of licensed nursing staff and coordinator,
provides general clerical duties, reception duties and requisition
of supplies, equipment, and services from other departments.
Assists in maintaining the general function of the Nursing
The following description of job responsibilities and standards
is intended to reflect the major responsibilities and duties of the
job but is not intended to describe minor duties or other
responsibilities assigned from time to time.
- Demonstrates accurate and timely order processing according to
- Correctly schedules tasks, exams and procedure in sequence,
including preps and assuring all required information is sent with
- Assembles, disassembles, and maintains patient medical record
per unit standard. Orders forms and supplies as directed.
- Demonstrates effective written and verbal inter and intra
department communication maintaining patient confidentiality.
- Demonstrates Customer Focus and SERVICE EXCELLENCE.
- Ensures and enhances facility, safety, and regulatory outcomes
including National Patient Safety Goals and compliance to
Restraint/Seclusion policies and procedures
- Collaborates with manager to order and maintain appropriate
supplies and floor stock.
- Demonstrates a commitment to continued self-growth and
maintenance of computer skills.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Chain of Command process and
initiates as needed.
- Completes all mandatory training/education/competencies
required for job classification
Education: High School graduate or equivalent.
Experience: 1 Year Medical related experience such as: Doctors'
office receptionist, Medical Office Assistant, Lab Tech, Pharmacy
Tech, EKG Tech, previous WS experience, OR 1 year medical related
college education; or 2 years of experience as a Nursing Aide or ED
Skills & Abilities: Successful completion of the Desk Secretary
Class and Orientation, familiarity with computer keyboard required.
Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Wage rates for this position are governed by a collective
bargaining agreement. Wage rates are available in the collective
bargaining agreement and in the Human Resources Department.
Keywords: Beaumont Hospitals, Taylor , Desk Secretary, Other , Taylor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!