The Administrative Assistant will report directly to the
Managing Director and will provide administrative support by
performing clerical functions.
* Answer phone calls and greet visitors direct to appropriate
parties or take messages.
* Maintain Admissions Control log, distribute admissions leads
properly, verify online lead data, and enter prospect information
* Prepare all mail acceptance letters following weekly
Admissions Committee Meetings.
* Ensure all information is ready for New Student Orientation;
including mailing orientation letters, orientation packets, sign in
sheets, and name tags.
* Enter new enrollments into CampusVue and create files for new
students; maintain all academic files.
* Monitor and enter student attendance in CampusVue and
communicate with the Managing Director and/or Lead Instructor any
attendance issues or problems.
* Receive all payments, application fees, and financial aid
checks, provide receipts.
* Enter grades and gather necessary modular documentation.
* Post graduates in CampusVue and close student files upon
graduation, course completion, and/or termination.
* Document all student status changes including leaves of
absence and exits.
* Enter, prepare, and print schedules for new modules.
Distribute report cards and schedules.
* Place orders for stationary, envelopes, business cards, and
* Other administrative tasks as deemed necessary.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS ABILITIES:
* Ability to work well independently as well as within a team
* Exceptional verbal and written communication skills as well as
* Ability to provide excellent customer and personal
* Proficient with basic office equipment, computers, and
computer applications including Microsoft Office Suite.
* Must possess strong time management skills and ability to work
well under pressure.
* Able to multitask, prioritize, show extreme resourcefulness,
and problem solving skills.
* Extensive use of office equipment including personal computer,
multi-line phone system, copier, printer, facsimile, and postage
* Regular interaction with guests including applicants, current
and potential students, potential employers, and staff.
* High school diploma/equivalent required.
* This position requires at least 6 months of experience.
* The physical demands described here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of
this job, the employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear.
The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit for
extended periods of time, and have sufficient hand, arm, and finger
dexterity to operate a phone, computer keyboard, and other office
equipment. Must be able to lift a minimum of 20 pounds.
ALL CANDIDATES MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES FOR
THIS EMPLOYER. CANDIDATES MUST PROVIDE VALID PROOF OF ELIGIBILITY
TO WORK IN THE U.S.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive
and the employee may be required to perform other duties as
assigned by their Manager, in order to meet business demands. This
is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise and employment
with Dorsey Schools is at-will.