Company: Motown Harley-Davidson, Inc.
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Job Title: Service Writer
Supervisor: Service Manager
Pay Class/Status: Hourly/Non-Exempt
Intake customer vehicles,
diagnose problems and service needs; sell service and/or parts and
communicate job status to customer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that repair orders are complete, legible and clearly
described on the repair order.
- Estimate costs and completion times at point of sale. Clearly
communicate them to customer.
- Review work-in-progress to ensure quality and timeliness.
- Assist technician to determine correct part numbers on repair
orders and assist the parts department with picking and posting of
- Make estimates for internal and wreck repairs with the
assistance of the Service Manager.
- Forward all customer paid, warranty, and internal repair
- Greet customer immediately, in a courteous and friendly
- Handle telephone transactions quickly, and courteously.
- Notify customers ASAP of any changes, delays, or additional
- Upsell additional services that would benefit the customer and
their overall riding experience.
- Handle customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy and a
- Give special attention to repeat repairs to ensure the
situation is corrected.
- Ensure customer vehicle is cleaner than when it was dropped
- Perform other related duties as
assigned or requested.
Qualifications & Job Requirements
- Outgoing, friendly personality and superior communication and
customer service skills.
- Knowledge and experience with servicing of Harley-Davidson
motorcycles, and other products sold by the dealership, or the
demonstrated ability to quickly learn them.
- Experience with Point-of-Sale and parts & service management
computer software or the ability to quickly learn due to general
knowledge & experience with computers.
- Maintain a positive attitude and relationship with all other
- Capable of pushing and loading motorcycles.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid drivers license and motorcycle endorsement.
- Passion for the motorcycling lifestyle and riding
- Attention to detail.
- High energy level needed.
- Ability to work a flexible
schedule including weekends, Holidays, and evenings.
- Proficient in meeting deadlines on a timely manner.
- Requires the use of both hands.
- Frequently required to bend, stop, crouch, reach, handle tools
and lift 50lbs of material.
- Requires the ability to balance and push a 600+lb
- The noise level in the work
environment is usually loud.
- Potential exposure to battery acid,
gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials
commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.
- Occasionally exposed to exhaust
fumes or other airborne particles.
- Frequently works near moving mechanical parts.
Keywords: Motown Harley-Davidson, Inc., Taylor , Service Advisor/Writer, Other , Taylor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!