Respiratory Therapist Reg PRN
Company: Beaumont Hospitals
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Under minimal direction, the Registered Respiratory Therapist:
implements and evaluates diagnostic and therapeutic respiratory
services to assist physicians in the diagnosis and management of
patients with cardiopulmonary and related disorders; participates
in the education of patients, students, staff and physicians;
provides technical support for all equipment related to the
practice of Respiratory Care; assists with general department
- Provides general respiratory therapeutic services including
oxygen therapy, medical gas therapy, bronchodilator therapy, airway
maintenance therapy and non-invasive ventilation (NIV).
- Provides diagnostic respiratory services and non-invasive
monitoring including pulse oximetry, arterial blood gas
procurement, capnography, pulmonary function testing, apnea
screening, bronchoscopy assistance and EKG procurement.
- Ventilator management, non-invasive ventilation, arterial blood
gas sampling/analysis, administration and monitoring of oxygen use,
aerosolized medications, and therapeutic modalities.
- Performs critical care procedures including airway management,
resuscitation, mechanical ventilation and patient transport. Member
of CPR/Code Blue and Rapid Response teams.
- Assessment of patients and recommendation of patient care plans
per established protocols. Perform and provide chart review,
documentation, patient and family education regarding disease
process and treatment plan.
- Preceptor for students and staff.
- Cleans, assembles and maintains equipment per infection control
- Troubleshoots problems to ensure proper functioning of
- Assist with general department functions.
- May be cross trained in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
(NICU), pediatric units as appropriate.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and
authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list
of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore,
that incumbents may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond
those explicitly described.
- Supports the Mission, Value and Vision of Beaumont Health (BH).
Demonstrates personal commitment through active involvement in the
performance improvement process.
- Exhibits excellent customer service skills and behaviors toward
internal and external customers and co-workers. Promotes positive
public relations with patients/residents, family members, guests,
- Supports and adheres to all Beaumont Health's customer service,
service excellence, and performance standards. Supports and
participates with all required compliance standards that may be
department specific and/or identified by the organizations
including in-service training, acceptable attendance, uniform and
- Adheres to HIPAA requirements and maintains confidentiality of
all data, including patient/resident, employee and operations
- Supports and participates in a collaborative team-oriented
environment - cooperates and works together with all co-workers,
plans and completes job duties, uses appropriate communications in
sensitive and emotional situations and follows up as appropriate
regarding reported complaints, problems and concerns.
- Supports, cooperates with and demonstrates safe work practices
and attitudes, follows safety rules - including universal
precautions - reports and prevents/corrects unsafe conditions and
behaviors, and participates in organizational and departmental
- Completes all required compliance standards that may be
department specific and/or identified by the organization.
- Maintains current licensure, registration and/or certification,
as applicable, at all times.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Education / Training:
- Associate of Applied Science degree in Respiratory
- Work Experience:
- Eligible for position after attainment of RRT NBRC status.
- Certification, Licensure, Registration:
- Current State of Michigan Respiratory Therapist license.
NBRC-RRT credential required
- Current BLS certification
- Other Qualifications:
Excellent communication skills. Computer competency for on-line
documentation data entry, electronic chart review, and audit.
Ability to demonstrate compassion and empathize with patients and
families during end of life experiences. Ability to provide
instruction to new hires and students at the bedside, maintaining
patient confidentiality and professionalism at all times.
Performance of pulmonary function studies would require a separate
orientation, proof of past experience and ability to comply with
PFT job duties as defined
Keywords: Beaumont Hospitals, Taylor , Respiratory Therapist Reg PRN, Other , Taylor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!