Company: Beaumont Hospitals
Posted on: June 8, 2021
The clinical nurse, under the ANA scope of practice utilizes the
framework of the nursing process to provide professional nursing
care by incorporating patient-family centered care principles. The
Clinical Nurse provides quality patient care under the direction of
the Nurse Leader according to Beaumont policies and procedures.
We are a 35 bed Patient Family Centered Care ( PFCC )
Rehabilitation Unit designed for patients with Intensive therapy
needs. Our patient's average length of stay is between 12 -14 days.
We provide a transitional setting between the hospital and the
patient's home. It is ideal for those who are medically stable,
motivated and able to physically tolerate three hours of therapy
per day, five days per week. Our team includes patients, their
families, and other medical and case management professions. We
have a team approach for our patients individualized treatment
- Applies the nursing process of assessment, planning,
implementation, evaluation and discharge needs of
- Applies the Core Concepts of Patient- and Family-Centered Care
(PFCC) in practice, and uses this knowledge to personalize care for
- Partners with and utilizes patient/family input and goals in
planning plan of care.
- Provides quality care that meets or exceeds the expectations of
value (core measures, quality matrix, patient experience, fiscally
- Recognizes the roles of the interdisciplinary team, patient and
family care partners and utilizes them appropriately as resources
in planning patient care.
- Delegates appropriate tasks.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and competently performs technical
procedures and uses equipment properly.
- Documents in the patient record in a timely, accurate and
concise manner. Develops teaching strategies for patient/family;
documents education and learning appropriately in health
- Demonstrates leadership in the professional practice setting
and is responsible for continuing personal education, mentoring
peers and educating patients and families.
- Stays up to date with current health system initiatives and
incorporates evidence based practice and research into practice.
Maintains current knowledge in area of clinical practice.
- Participates in department based activities, staff meetings and
- Demonstrates knowledge, understanding and embraces cultural
traditions and lore of community served.
Education/Licensure: Graduate of an accredited school of
nursing. Diploma, A.D.N., B.S.N., M.S.N., DNP/PhD - if not minimum
BSN prepared, new graduate/nurse with less than one (1) year
experience is required to sign an educational contract upon hire to
complete BSN within specified timeframe and adhere to contract
stipulations. RN must enroll in an accredited BSN program within
one (1) year of hire date and complete within the next three (3)
years. This is effective September 1, 2017. Specialty Certification
highly recommended after 2 years in specialty. RN with active
license in State of Michigan, AHA BLS for Healthcare Providers
Keywords: Beaumont Hospitals, Taylor , Clinical Nurse, Other , Taylor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!