Release Customs Analyst
Company: Livingston International
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Release Customs Analyst
Join Livingston, the largest customs broker in Canada and the
third largest entry filer in the U.S. Were a market leader offering
customs brokerage, consulting and compliance, and freight
forwarding services at more than 90 key locations in North America,
Europe and Asia. Customs brokerage is our core business and helping
our customers navigate the complex and changing world of
international trade is what we do best. Consider joining our team
for the opportunity to grow your career. From entry level to expert
advisors, our supportive culture of learning will help you get the
career you want.
Job Type:Full Time
Location:MI Taylor MI -
Reporting to the Manager, Service
Delivery (Production Supervisor in some US locations), this
position is responsible for the timely processing, rating (some
locations) and release of all client shipments (some 24/7
operations) in accordance with Livingstons operating procedures and
service standards, ensuring commitment time is met to earn the
KEY DUTIES &
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of shipments which could
include all modes of transportation.
- Create customs entries through review, proper selection of
client and client records, proper vendor and keyword selection,
interpretation of documentation for all clients' shipments, in a
one-step process for both high and low value shipments.
- Data entry of shipment information for release (NSC), rating
and billing and ensuring that all mandatory fields are completed
- Ensure correct value for duty is reported based on invoice
details and terms of sale. Establish correct value for duty and
tariff treatment by selecting the correct keyword/HS code
- Contact Release Import Analyst or the client service team as
required for missing documentation, information or instructions
necessary to release a shipment.
- Verify documentation for release conditions, compliance and
rating compliance (e.g., free trade certificates).
- Ensure that all LI,I SOP's, ESPs (Exceptions to Standard
Procedures) and business rules are adhered to following special
client instructions, notes and alerts. Identifies those that have
become outdated or ineffective, making recommendations for
- Identify ESPs and SOPs to improve efficiencies to enhance
client service and improve day to day Client Service team
- Research and respond to Call Center requests for information
(ranges from BOL update to driver waiting) in a professional manner
via phone or email in non-Air/Sea locations.
- Prioritize and complete work in accordance with client and
customs requirements as assigned by the Production Manager /
Manager, Release Operations in compliance with Customs requirements
- Escalate two-step release requirements, authorization or
release issue resolution to the Client Import Analyst, Release
Import Analyst or Supervisor in the US or the Customs Specialist
supporting Release Operations in Canada, for escalation
authorization or issue resolution.
- Update, approve and release information for billing as
required. (Canada only)
- When applicable, assist in billing and data entry (ASR
automated systems rating) where required.
- Participate fully with other team members in the day-to-day
operation of Release Operations.
- Endeavor to utilize and take advantage of system automation
tools that are available to support release processing.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
- Adhere to established policies and procedures.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Excellent oral and written
communication and organizational
- Client Service oriented --
interpersonal skills with internal/external clients and
- Ability to handle large volumes
and meet tight deadlines
- Attention to detail;
organization, completeness and
- Good analytical skills with
- Ability to make decisions and
recommendations within authorized
- Excellent time management
- Ability to present a professional
- Knowledge of Word and Excel
- Office equipment/machinery used:
Personal computer and common business
WORK EXPERIENCE MINIMUM
Required: High School/GED or equivalent
Preferred: Associates Degree or post-secondary education
Business Acumen and Straight Talk
Customer First Focus
Inclusion and Collaboration
Leading and Developing
Livingston is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is
an affirmative action employer.
Keywords: Livingston International, Taylor , Release Customs Analyst, Other , Taylor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!