Company: Beaumont Hospitals
Posted on: June 9, 2021
General Summary: Responsible for maintaining a safe and peaceful
environment for all individuals on hospital property. Under general
supervision and following standardized policies and procedures, is
responsible for maintaining a secure and orderly environment and
protection of the grounds and off-site buildings for Beaumont
Health (BH), to include safety of all employees, visitors and
patients. This position may require Armed Security Officers to
obtain Public Act 330 certification and will have the ability to
arrest for misdemeanors offenses and will be required to complete
the Michigan State Police PA330 certification requirements.
- Patrol campus on foot and in vehicle (or on bike as assigned).
Offers such assistance as unlocking doors inside or doing motor
assists outside, is ever observant to suspicious activities and
- Accepts and performs various duties at assigned post and
provides assistance to patient, visitors and employees. Enforces
rules, regulations and policies of the hospital as
- Works by assisting in the Security Operations Center monitoring
phones, alarms, cameras and radio traffic.
- Provides statistical safety and security reporting to internal
customers and senior management regarding safety and security
performance, improvement strategies/initiatives, and compliance
issues as required.
- Completes assigned or self-generated reports or logs daily on
all activities, irregularities and investigations; logs all calls
and accepts and logs all lost articles. Sends reports to managers
- Investigates suspected crimes on the hospital grounds and
off-site locations, prepares reports, and evaluates pertinent data
and other necessary documentation. Co-operates with law enforcement
- Provides security escorts and other assistance to employees,
visitors or patients as conditions warrant for safety or as
- Responds to routine inquiries and directs visitors to
appropriate areas, prevents unauthorized access to restricted
- Use proactive non-violent verbal de-escalation skills to
neutralize volatile situations involving patients, staff, and
visitors without escalating the event into a violent incident.
- Assists nursing staff with physical management/ restraint of
patients as ordered by a physician.
- In dealing with non-patient aggressors, use defensive tactics
and approved MCOLES force continuum if necessary to safeguard lives
and well-being of staff, patients, and visitors.
- May be required to possess, carry, and utilize Conduit
Electronic Weapons, tasers, and other weapons in conjunction with
the MCOLES force continuum as determined by Beaumont Health
- May provide CPR/ first aid in the event of a medical emergency
on the grounds or in common areas until trained medical staff can
arrive from the Emergency Department (acute care) or Local Fire
Department (ambulatory) as per EMTALA law.
- Assist Emergency Department staff with Hazmat/ Decontamination
procedures to include donning and doffing of PAPR's/ Tyvek suits as
well as providing security and keeping order in the decontamination
- Reports and responds to incidents of fire and/or safety
hazards. Inspects firefighting apparatus, extinguishers; provides
assistance with regularly scheduled fire, disaster and other
- Releases patient remains to appropriate agencies or funeral
At locations where PA 330 is in place, all the above essential
- Diligently and appropriately utilize Police Authority to arrest
for both felonies and misdemeanors on Beaumont Health Property
under Michigan Law (PA 330).
- Diligently and appropriately utilize citation / ticket writing
and ordinance enforcement authority under Michigan Law (PA 330) and
local city ordinances.
- High School Diploma or GED required. Completion of an Associate
Degree in Criminal Justice or graduation from a state regulated
Police Academy is highly desired.
- Requires a minimum of two to three years' law-enforcement
related work experience as a police officer; hospital security,
corporate security, reserve police officer or military police. May
consider other experience related to crowd control and security.
Requires the ability to take charge and direct others in
emergencies or other dangerous incidents.
- Must possess a valid unrestricted Michigan Operators License
and be insurable under the Hospital liability insurance
- Electronic Control Devices (ECD) use - requires approval and
authorization by the Director -requires a current Carry Pistol
License (CPL) license and successful completion of the specialized
Taser Training Course.
- Within 90 days of hire, successfully complete certification and
maintain continued competency in: Defensive Tactics (non-patient
use of force, use of handcuffs, chemical agent spray, and pressure
point control techniques), Proactive Nonviolent Verbal
De-escalation, BLS (CPR, AED, and first aid), Hazmat/
Decontamination, and Patient Physical Management/ Restraint.
- At sites where PA 330 is required, the candidate will need to
successfully complete certification and maintain continued
competency in all Michigan PA 330 requirements.
Keywords: Beaumont Hospitals, Taylor , Security Officer, Other , Taylor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!