Clinical Nurse ICU
Company: Beaumont Hospitals
Posted on: June 9, 2021
The clinical nurse, under the ANA scope of practice utilizes the
framework of the nursing process to provide professional nursing
care by incorporating patient-family centered care principles. The
Clinical Nurse provides quality patient care under the direction of
the Nurse Leader according to Beaumont policies and procedures.
Unit Summary: Beaumont Taylor ICU is a 16 bed Medical ICU. Here
you will receive a variety of medical diagnoses. We provide care
for patients requiring ventilator support, medication management
and surgery recovery. We assist physicians with various bedside
procedures. The nurses work alongside of the Intensivist and the
multi-disciplinary teams providing care and daily updates
concerning the patient progress.
- Applies the nursing process of assessment, planning,
implementation, evaluation and discharge needs of
- Applies the Core Concepts of Patient- and Family-Centered Care
(PFCC) in practice, and uses this knowledge to personalize care for
- Partners with and utilizes patient/family input and goals in
planning plan of care.
- Provides quality care that meets or exceeds the expectations of
value (core measures, quality matrix, patient experience, fiscally
- Recognizes the roles of the interdisciplinary team, patient and
family care partners and utilizes them appropriately as resources
in planning patient care.
- Delegates appropriate tasks.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and competently performs technical
procedures and uses equipment properly.
- Documents in the patient record in a timely, accurate and
concise manner. Develops teaching strategies for patient/family;
documents education and learning appropriately in health
- Demonstrates leadership in the professional practice setting
and is responsible for continuing personal education, mentoring
peers and educating patients and families.
- Stays up to date with current health system initiatives and
incorporates evidence based practice and research into practice.
Maintains current knowledge in area of clinical practice.
- Participates in department based activities, staff meetings and
- Demonstrates knowledge, understanding and embraces cultural
traditions and lore of community served.
Keywords: Beaumont Hospitals, Taylor , Clinical Nurse ICU, Other , Taylor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!