Company: Beaumont Hospitals
Posted on: June 9, 2021
The Unit Secretary coordinates the non-clinical aspects of
patient care by managing communication and clerical tasks essential
to the functioning of the unit.
- Performs unit clerical functions.
- Acts as a receptionist.
- Acts as an intradepartmental and interdepartmental
- Orders and stocks office supplies, coordinates repair of office
& unit equipment.
- Ability to demonstrate Beaumont Health customer service
standards and behaviors in all aspects of job performance.
- Reinforces hospital service recovery program and identifies
customer service recovery opportunities.
- Must at all times demonstrate courteous behavior, give clear
directions, maintain high standards of personal appearance,
introduce self by name and function, treat all customers with
dignity, provide comfort, provide clear and adequate information,
respond promptly to requests for service, maintain confidentiality,
and be ambassadors of Beaumont Health.
- Conveys information completely and timely.
- Effectively interacts with others.
- Delivers excellent customer service by exhibiting the Beaumont
- Assignments are organized and completed on time per
- Maintains accurate documentation pertinent to all records that
is clear, concise, and timely, and adheres to the principles of
- Participates in staff meetings and in-services, as well as
quality and safety activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet the needs/objectives
of the department.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Education / Training:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Specialized Unit Secretary/Health Unit Coordinator training
One year of clerical and/or customer service experience
Certification, Licensure, Registration:
- Unit Secretary Certification preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively and document information
- Ability to deal efficiently and effectively with a wide variety
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge is preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate Beaumont customer service standards and
behaviors in all aspects of job performance.
Keywords: Beaumont Hospitals, Taylor , Unit Secretary, Other , Taylor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!