Medical Assistant I
Company: Beaumont Hospitals
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Under the direction of management and physician leadership,
performs and oversees functions related to the clinical activities
including, but not limited to: maintains patient flow by assisting
and promoting the delivery of primary and preventative health care,
performs technical procedures, lab protocols and clinically
oriented activities under physician/provider direction. The Medical
Assistant I will assist management in achieving office efficiencies
in accordance with stated policies/procedures to ensure efficient
operations with a focus on supporting physicians, clinic staff and
management which embodies the "Service First" philosophy to promote
- Acts as an assistant to the physician/provider by providing
primary healthcare and patient care management.
- Collaborates work efforts with the clerical staff to optimize
operations and patient flow.
- Interacts with outside healthcare facilities and agencies
involving patient care and insurance.
- Maintains updated competencies, demonstrating ability to speak
to leadership and accreditation bodies about process and
- Perform front office duties to provide coverage as needed.
- Provide coverage in other departments or locations as
- Demonstrates excellent customer services skills and supports
the model of patient and family centered care.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Education / Training:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant program or LPN,
EMT, ER Tech, paramedic certification or equivalent and relevant
- May consider a nursing student from an accredited registered or
licensed practice nurse program after a clinical course of study
- Work Experience:
- The completion of a clinical rotation or equivalent and
relevant experience required.
- Certification, Licensure, Registration:
Current BCLS card.
- Other Qualifications:
- Must be able to perform diagnostic testing, EKG's, administer
injections, blood pressures, navigate Epic One chart electronic
health record, and assist with minor surgical procedures.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with physicians,
nurses, medical assistant students, practice administration, and
- Must exhibit behavior associated with the Beaumont Standards of
service, respect, ownership, and attitude.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Keywords: Beaumont Hospitals, Taylor , Medical Assistant I, Other , Taylor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!