Company: Beaumont Hospitals
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The clinical nurse, under the ANA scope of practice utilizes the
framework of the nursing process to provide professional nursing
care by incorporating patient-family centered care principles. The
Clinical Nurse provides quality patient care under the direction of
the Nurse Leader according to Beaumont policies and procedures.
The Intermediate Care Unit is a 25 bed unit. Here on IMC we care
for a variety of patients. Our unit falls under the critical care
umbrella. This unit is considered a cardiac unit and the patients
are typically monitored on telemetry. IMC is a fast-paced
environment; the acuity of the patients can change rapidly. The IMC
staff works together as a team to provide the patients with the
upmost efficient care.
- Applies the nursing process of assessment, planning,
implementation, evaluation and discharge needs of
- Applies the Core Concepts of Patient- and Family-Centered Care
(PFCC) in practice and uses this knowledge to personalize care for
- Recognizes the impact of nursing care and patient/family
partnerships on patient outcomes.
- Partners with and utilizes patient/family input and goals in
planning plan of care.
- Provides quality care that meets or exceeds the expectations of
value (core measures, quality matrix, patient experience, fiscally
- Provides assistance to individuals in a manner that takes into
account their special needs, age-related and cultural-related
- Recognizes the roles of the interdisciplinary team, patient and
family care partners and utilizes them appropriately as resources
in planning patient care.
- Delegates appropriate tasks.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and competently performs technical
procedures and uses equipment properly.
- Documents in the patient record in a timely, accurate and
concise manner. Develops teaching strategies for patient/family;
documents education and learning appropriately in health
- Demonstrates leadership in the professional practice setting
and is responsible for continuing personal education, mentoring
peers and educating patients and families.
- Stays up to date with current health system initiatives and
incorporates evidence based practice and research into practice.
Maintains current knowledge in area of clinical practice.
- Completes a self-appraisal that includes professional goals
annually and completes peer review.
- Participates in department-based activities, staff meetings and
- Actively participates in hand offs of care, including the
patient, family and partners in care.
- Demonstrates knowledge, understanding and embraces cultural
traditions and lore of community served.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and
authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list
of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore,
that incumbents may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond
those explicitly described.
- Supports the Mission, Value and Vision of Beaumont Health (BH).
Demonstrates personal commitment through active involvement in the
performance improvement process.
- Exhibits excellent customer service skills and behaviors toward
internal and external customers and co-workers. Promotes positive
public relations with patients/residents, family members, guests,
- Supports and adheres to all Beaumont Health's customer service,
service excellence, and performance standards. Supports and
participates with all required compliance standards that may be
department specific and/or identified by the organizations
including in-service training, acceptable attendance, uniform and
- Adheres to HIPAA requirements and maintains confidentiality of
all data, including patient/resident, employee and operations
- Supports and participates in a collaborative team-oriented
environment - cooperates and works together with all co-workers,
plans and completes job duties, uses appropriate communications in
sensitive and emotional situations and follows up as appropriate
regarding reported complaints, problems and concerns.
- Supports, cooperates with and demonstrates safe work practices
and attitudes, follows safety rules - including universal
precautions - reports and prevents/corrects unsafe conditions and
behaviors, and participates in organizational and departmental
- Completes all required compliance standards that may be
department specific and/or identified by the organization.
- Maintains current licensure, registration and/or certification,
as applicable, at all times.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Education / Training: Graduate of an accredited school of
nursing. Diploma, A.D.N., B.S.N., M.S.N., DNP/PhD - if not minimum
BSN prepared, new graduate/nurse with less than one (1) year
experience is required to sign an educational contract upon hire to
complete BSN within specified timeframe and adhere to contract
stipulations. RN must enroll in an accredited BSN program within
one (1) year of licensure date and complete within the next four
(4) years. This is effective September 1, 2017.
- Work Experience: As required by job posting.
- Certification, Licensure, Registration: RN with active license
in State of Michigan. Specialty Certification highly recommended
after 2 years in specialty.
- Other Qualifications: Current American Heart Association BLS
for Healthcare Providers certification and other certifications as
required by department.
- Critical Care: ACLS within 6 months of hire/transfer
Keywords: Beaumont Hospitals, Taylor , Clinical Nurse, Other , Taylor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!