Grocery and Receiving Clerk (Detroit-Redford)
Posted on: July 23, 2021
Today, with our current team members, we have the strength
to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our
stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our
Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts
Please review the job profile below and apply today!
Responsible for delivering remarkable customer service by providing
customers with exceptional product knowledge, efficient service and
a friendly attitude; will be exposed to a variety of retail tasks
related to product, customer service and merchandising.
Join a community. Build a career.
We are searching for a new member of the Meijer family!
When you join us as a Food Clerk, you will provide customers
with exceptional product knowledge, efficient service, and a
friendly attitude. You will play a vital role in keeping our store
running smoothly and having a positive impact on the community we
serve. Sound good to you? Join us!
What will you be doing?
- This position is applicable to the following departments:
various Grocery, Meat, Seafood, Bakery, Deli, and Produce
- Build rapport with customers.
- Display a friendly and outgoing attitude through good eye
contact and body language.
- Respond to customer questions in an effective manner.
- Stock product and maintain product displays according to
- Follow safety and sanitation procedures to ensure quality
service and products for our customers.
- Must be over 18 years of age or older to apply for these
positions due to work restrictions.
What skills will you use?
- You are detail-oriented and organized.
- You possess good listening and communication skills.
- You have adequate knowledge of computer systems and you’re
comfortable using them.
- Process-driven with ability to follow procedures in an
organized and efficient way.
- Ability to stay calm while working in a fast-paced
- Desire to work with customers on a consistent basis.
- Ability to lift, carry, push, pull, bend, and twist while
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
Meijer starts with me.
It's not just a brand name, it’s a family name. Founded by
Hendrik and Gezina Meijer and their children in 1934, Meijer treats
our Team Members like they’re a part of our family. We want to see
them happy, growing, and successful. That’s why our Team Members
say, "Meijer starts with me.” Sound like the place for you? Join
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that,
we look for team members who thrive in a collaborative environment
and want to help us build on our family culture. Meijer is a great
place for you if you want a job that’s more than a paycheck and a
career that plays an important role in your community.
Meijer’s various options, available based on position type,
location and/or length of time employed, include:
- Meijer 401 (k) Retirement Plan with Company Contributions
- Medical/Prescription Plan Coverage
- BeHealthy at Meijer Wellness Incentive Program
- Dental/Vision Plan Coverage
- Flexible Spending, Health Reimbursement and Health Savings
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Company-Provided Basic Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Short and Long Term Disability Plans
- Adoption Benefits
- Team Member Discount
- Fred and Lena Meijer Scholarship Program
Keywords: Meijer, Taylor , Grocery and Receiving Clerk (Detroit-Redford), Other , Taylor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!