Company: Motown Harley-Davidson, Inc.
Posted on: May 6, 2022
Job DescriptionJob Title: Parts AssociateDepartment:
PartsSupervisor: Parts Manager Summary DescriptionProvide
courteous, knowledgeable assistance to customers; perform
cashiering, stocking and other duties to promote efficient
functioning of department. Identify correct part numbers specific
to a motorcycle. Resolve difficult customer problems in a courteous
and professional manner.Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide customer service to external customers.
- Meet customer needs, offers options, resolves problems and
follows up with customers.
- Ensure full customer satisfaction without unnecessarily
referring customer to other staff members.
- Maintain friendly, helpful demeanor.
- Provide professional, knowledgeable, courteous customer
- Assist customers in locating merchandise, take special orders,
answer questions, and communicate policies on returns and
- Monitor for shoplifting.
- Perform all cashiering functions in accordance with company
cash handling policies and procedures.
- Check price tags for alterations.
- Does not accept checks unless processed through cross
- Use appropriate verification procedures for credit card
- Keep sales floor neat, clean and fully-stocked.
- Shelve new stock, inform buyers of fast- and slow-selling
stock, maintain thorough knowledge of inventory.
- Ensure merchandise is attractively displayed.
- Maintain cashiering desk/areas in a clean, organized
- Keep cashiering area well-stocked with necessary supplies, such
as shopping bags, credit card drafts, etc.
- Assist with answering incoming calls and directing them to the
appropriate person or department.
- Make tags for damaged merchandise, deliver daily to designated
- Comply with all company and department policies and
- Perform other related duties as assigned or
- NoneQualifications & Job Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent degree or greater
- Experience: 1-3 years of experience required, with 3-5 years
preferred; or the equivalent combination of education and
- Ability to take initiative and problem solve.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to present oneself as well as the company in a
- Knowledge of applicable laws/policies/principles/etc.
- Must be computer literate and proficient with Microsoft Office
Suite, along with general email/internet.
- Experience using various Google Drive applications to include
but not limited to Google Sheets and Google Docs a plus.
- Attention to detail.
- Interpersonal skills and customer service skills
- Requires the use of both hands.
- Frequently required to bend, climb, stoop, crouch, reach, and
lift 50lbs of material.
- Requires standing and/or walking for extended periods of time.
• Requires the ability to balance and push an 800+lb motorcycle.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Potential exposure to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning
materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor
vehicle service department.
- Occasionally exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne
- Frequently works near moving mechanical parts.
Keywords: Motown Harley-Davidson, Inc., Taylor , Parts Associate, Other , Taylor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!