Company: Bimbo Bakeries USA
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Have you ever enjoyed Arnold -, Brownberry - or Oroweat - bread? A
Thomas' - English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee
-, Entenmann's - or Marinela - cake or donut? If the answer is yes,
then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest
baking company with operations in 33 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA
(BBU) employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales
centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our
consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at
every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the
chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers
the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and
personal lives every day.
The Shipper is responsible for the proper count and verification of
all incoming/outgoing product loads and for loading baskets/trays
of baked goods and related products on route trucks.
Top Reasons to Work at Bimbo Bakeries USA
* Great starting pay: $17.72/hr!
* Union position!
* Excellent benefits package!
* Growing organization & increased demand for products!
Key Job Responsibilities:
* Maintains a clean, safe, and secure working environment
* Monitors product being shipped for quality that meets Bimbo
Bakeries USA standards.
* Works cooperatively with co-workers
* Notifies a supervisor/manager if there are issues with
overages/shortages or quality products
* Accountable for the proper count and verification of all incoming
and outgoing product loads and returns
* Break-down tray stacks of bread, muffins & bagels, & arrange
product for efficient loading and operations
* Daily processing of required paperwork, including inputting any
adjustments/ shorts/overages, and verifying loads to account for
all products, utilizing computer applications
* Responsible for communicating with sales management regarding
* May have to operate a DOT regulated route truck
* Other duties as assigned
Education and Work History:
* High School Diploma or Equivalent (Preferred)
Ideal candidate will possess:
* 0-1 years of shipping or warehouse experience preferred
* This position requires a general understanding of generally
accepted warehouse principles
* Must possess a valid driver's license If applicable, must follow
all DOT regulations and be able to pass a DOT physical and DOT Road
* Must be able to push/pull a minimum of 50 lbs.
* Must be able to stack product according to sales center stacking
* Must possess basic computer skills
* Must be able to stand for long periods of time, climb, twist
* Must be at least 18 years of age; Must be at least 21 years of
age if required to operate a DOT regulated vehicle
Be a part of a company that is dedicated to protecting our
* All of our U.S. operations have been powered with 100% renewable
electric energy since July 2019, with energy created through a Wind
Farm backed by a Virtual Power Purchase Agreement with
* Bimbo Bakeries USA was named EPA ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year
for the fourth year in a row for superior leadership, innovation
and commitment to environmental protection through energy
* We have 18 ENERGY STAR - Certified facilities
* Our Manufacturing operations divert greater than 95% of waste
* Over 1500 of our vehicles utilize alternative fuel - propane,
compressed natural gas, electric, or hybrid
* Bimbo Bakeries USA has committed to 100% sustainable packaging
across its portfolio by 2025. All product bags, pouches and
wrappers are currently recyclable through Terracycle.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be requested to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy
that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and
employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender,
age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification
protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment,
including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation,
reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other
working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment
opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action
plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with
disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and
other protected veterans.
Keywords: Bimbo Bakeries USA, Taylor , Shipper, Other , Taylor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!