Head of Cultivation
Posted on: September 19, 2022
The ideal Cultivation Director has great people management
skills and experience with automated systems. This person will be
responsible for overseeing day-to-day cultivation activities and
adjusting workflow and procedures in order to increase yields,
efficiency and overall performance. The Cultivation Director will
lead and manage employees, ensuring that production needs are met,
things are in full compliance with all state and local regulations,
and any procedural problems are addressed and resolved in a timely
manner. Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee proper techniques related to cultivation;
transplanting, pruning, defoliation, watering, feeding, and
- Manage plant germination and propagation through cloning
- Develop and adhere to cultivation schedules to ensure plants
are healthy and prepared for the flower process.
- Enforce adherence to fertilization, irrigation, and feed
- Ensure plants are receiving proper illumination, irrigation,
nutrients, pruning, pest and disease control.
- Schedule harvest of plants based on cultivation schedule and
- Ensure that the product is compliant with all relevant
regulations and meets all standards established by the state.
- Ensure proper labeling, tagging, and traceability of plants,
including plant counts, both physically and in METRC, and
correcting plant inventory discrepancies immediately.
- Develop and update SOPs for cultivation and post-harvest
processes, enforcing strict adherence throughout the facility.
- Assist with calculating production yields and determining areas
of improvement for each harvest.
- Facilitate and oversee inspections using inventory and
- Conduct investigations when necessary - if inventory does not
match production and transfer records.
- Monitor stock of cultivation supplies and equipment and work
with Procurement to order supplies.
- Prepare reports summarizing harvest yields and conditions.
- Ensure accuracy of inventory.
- Oversee tracking compliance in METRC.
- Stay current with the latest grow solutions and technology.
Establish relationships with suppliers as needed.
- Provide job responsibility, HR management and task management
for direct reports.
- Follow up from MRA inspections - correcting any issues
identified. Required SkillsSkills & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Plant Sciences and/or
Agriculture related disciplines.
- 3+ years as a cultivator in a large scale indoor cannabis
- Experience with automated systems (e.g., Priva, Argus,
- Experienced with mixed light growing.
- Experience diagnosing, preventing and treating plant health
- Experience creating production schedules.
- Ability to manage people, provide day-to-day supervision, and
handle employee related issues.
- Ability to gather, track, and report on agricultural
information obtained during harvest tracking.
- Ability to develop and document SOPs. Physical Demands /
- Available to work during Harvest and Testing activities.
- Available to work 45+ hours per 7-day week.
- Available to work weekends when requested.
- Able to lift 30 lbs regularly. Desired Skills
- OSHA and FDA knowledge is a plus.
- Experience overseeing 20,000 square feet or more of
canopy.About FlowerHireFlowerHire is on a mission to build a
conscious cannabis community, one hire at a time. As the leading
Cannabis Talent Agency and Platform in North America, FlowerHire
has filled hundreds of positions in over a dozen US states since
our inception in 2017, prior to California fully legalizing.
FlowerHire works with marquee brands and multi state operators in
all parts of the cannabis vertical. FlowerHire believes that the
cannabis movement will continue to positively impact the human
condition more than any other emerging industry in modern history.
Our core values include Community, Authenticity, Transparency, and
Execution. FlowerHire provides retained Executive Search and
Contingent Staffing services for strategic hiring support. For
candidates, FlowerHire offers white glove career support for those
entering the exciting, but often misunderstood, Cannabis
industry.Benefits Equal opportunity employerFlowerHire is an Equal
Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: FlowerHire, Taylor , Head of Cultivation, Other , Taylor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!