Supervising Clinician -BCBA in Center
Company: Centria Healthcare
Posted on: November 20, 2022
Centria Autism is the largest provider of Applied Behavior Analysis
(ABA) for children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) across the
state of Michigan, with services in 12 other states. Our mission is
to help every child living with autism to develop, pursue and
achieve their own goals and dreams through high-quality ABA Therapy
The Supervising Clinician will provide support to individuals and
their families by coordinating and providing Applied Behavior
Analysis, function analyses and assessment, behavior acquisition
and reduction procedures, and adaptive life skills. This position
is considered a leadership role within Centria. The ideal candidate
will develop a client's treatment plans and supervise Behavior
Technicians to implement such programs. Behavior Technicians will
rely on their BCBA to assist them in overcoming challenges and
answering questions about their day-to-day client interactions.
Solid communication skills and openness to feedback are necessary.
The Supervising Clinician should be organized and self-sufficient
to perform in this role successfully.
Success measures include clinical outcomes, client retention,
behavior technician engagement and retention, and overall team
Duties and Responsibilities
The below reflects the essential functions considered necessary for
a Supervising Clinician and shall not be construed as a detailed
description of all work requirements inherent in the job or
assigned by supervisory personnel. This job description is used as
a guide only and not inclusive of all responsibilities and job
- Provide clinical oversight to clientele to drive compliance and
retention to achieve optimal outcomes.
- Conduct initial and six (6) month assessments, which recommend
the clinically appropriate number of hours per week. Work with
parents to achieve the number of hours necessary for the best
outcomes for the client.
- Manage and maintain full productivity targets as indicated by
center or home-based model.
- Complete and submit all documents the same day as the work
performed. Must be in by Sunday night at midnight to count for the
- Train, manage, and retain a team of Behavior Technicians who
directly report to the Supervising Clinician.
- Maintain a highly engaged team of Behavior Technicians with a
retention rate at or above company standards.
- Conduct a pre-case open meeting with each Behavior Technician
to initiate training on the client's Treatment Plan before services
- Provide one hour of supervision/ten hours that the Behavior
- Conduct weekly team meetings to inform and engage Behavior
- Engage parents in ABA therapy to improve client outcomes.
- Ensure client retention to company target and family
satisfaction at or above target relative to NPS with survey
response rates at or above company targets.
- Conduct monthly family engagement sessions with the
- Ensure parent involvement in treatment planning and goal
- Keep parents constantly up to date on the client's progress, as
well as treatment planning changes and therapy hour
- Develop child-specific behavior plans in accordance with the
principles of ABA therapy.
- Monitor and adjust behavior plans throughout the treatment
period in accordance with the child's progression.
- Submit supervision notes daily at the end of each session.
- Attend corporate meetings and training as scheduled.
- Participate in weekly team meetings with your Clinical Director
and fellow Supervising Clinicians.
- Attend Clinical Summits to earn CEUs and hear company
- Conduct monthly group technician training.
- Continue training and education to advance knowledge and
learning in the field of ABA.
- Promote the growth of Centria Healthcare and assist in the
pursuit of business opportunities.
- Build relationships with current referral sources.
- Comply with all necessary payer requirements to drive referral
This role is responsible for:
- Leading and maintaining staff by orienting and training team
- Ensuring the daily functions of the team are completed by
communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and
appraising job results;
- Managing, coaching, and developing a high performing team that
meets agreed objectives and which delivers best practice results,
added value, and continuous improvements;
- Consistently promoting high standards through personal example
and roll out through the team so that everyone understands the
standards and behaviors expected of them.
- Master's degree or higher from an accredited university in
acceptancewith BACB guidelines
- Completion of 8-hour supervision course, or willing to complete
within first 30 days
- BCBA certification from the BACB, in good standing
- Active state license, in good standing, when applicable
- 1 + years working with children and autism spectrum
- Previous supervision experience, preferred
- Crisis management experience, preferred
Equipment and Technology Experience
- Basic computer skills
- Working knowledge of laptop and mobile devices such as
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel)
- Proficiency in G Suite (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Google
- ABA platforms, preferred
Other Competency Requirements
An initial assessment of competency will be completed during the
interview period and evaluated on an ongoing basis.
- Ability to follow written instructions
- Ability to use computers and computer/software programs
- Able to communicate expressively and receptively
Knowledge and Skills
- ABA clinical knowledge and experience;
- Demonstrated analytical skills with the ability to synthesize a
variety of clinical and social data to determine an appropriate
diagnosis, treatment plan and monitor effectiveness of treatment
- Ability to effectively engage in one to one communication with
parents and clients;
- Expertise in tracking and ensuring clinical outcomes, progress,
and maintaining a high level of compliance;
- Ability to seamlessly transition between strategic and hands-on
- Proven experience and understanding of customer service;
- Works well in a collaborative environment and builds mutual
trust and credibility at all levels of the organization;
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, with
clients, internal and external stakeholders;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and self-motivated
to achieve business goals;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Superior skills in time management, observation, and data
- Proven strong work ethic with attention to detail, accuracy,
- Centria's office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 am -
6:00 pm, with primary hours conducted after school hours (3:00 pm -
- The work location varies on a case-by-case basis and can
include the client's home, a company facility, or
- Additional time or flex schedules may be required to complete
the above work or meet company objectives.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member may be
exposed to a client who exhibits physically aggressive behavior,
which can include kicking, pinching, punching, biting, etc. The
team member may have to use appropriate behavior management
techniques with a client under such circumstances. Such a response
requires agility, quick reflexes, and the ability to use physically
evasive movement. The team member will be required to stand, walk,
sit, grasp, reach, bend, kneel, crouch, squat, hear, type, and
write. The team member will also be exposed to normal office
conditions and usual office equipment such as phone, computer,
copiers, files, etc. The team member must be able to independently
push, pull, lift, move, and carry objects weighing up to
thirty-five (35) lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this
job include near, far, and field of vision.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, Veteran status, or disability status. This job description
is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills,
efforts, duties, responsibilities, or working conditions associated
with the position. Centria reserves the right to amend this job
description at any time, with or without written notice.
Keywords: Centria Healthcare, Taylor , Supervising Clinician -BCBA in Center, Other , Taylor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!