Header Operator- 2nd Shift
Company: Burgess Norton Mfg Co
Posted on: January 19, 2023
ABOUT US SMW Manufacturing is now the newest business unit of
the Amsted Automotive Group, a premier technology organization
specializing in complex metalworking and high-tech machining
equipment and processes. Amsted Automotive is a growing company
that embraces the employee experience through driving a positive
culture, respecting, and implementing your ideas and providing
opportunities for career growth. As an employee-owned company, you
will share in the overall financial success of the business. If
this is attractive to you, we are looking to add a Header Operator
to our Taylor, MI team! Please note that this is a 2nd shift
opportunity, and you will be required to train on 1st shift for a
period of time. WHAT YOULL DO
- Set up and operates machine that automatically performs
- Performs first piece inspection of part with optical inspection
equipment, or equivalent measurement equipment.
- Adjust controls to synchronize machine actions for various
operations on each customized job.
- Read and understand tool layouts and part progressions.
- Will perform developmental set-ups and prototyping on new
- Confer with other workers about machine setups and operational
- Shall observe operations to detect machine malfunctions and to
verify that machine setups conform to specifications.
- Measure and inspect formed parts to ensure conformance to
- Read blueprints to determine specified tolerances and sequences
of operations for machine setup.
- Position and move work pieces through a series of dies that
compress and shape stock to form die impressions.
- Adjust wedges & brass settings to set pressures and depths of
ram strokes and to synchronize machine operations.
- Repair, maintain, and/or replace tooling when worn, broken or
out of print
- Remove tooling from machines when production runs are finished.
- Use overhead crane, forklift, and hand truck to bring and
remove supplies as needed.
- Use measuring instruments to ensure and record quality
information. WHAT YOULL NEED TO SUCCEED
- Header Operator/Cold Forming Experience
- Mechanical knowledge/experience
- Proven ability to work well in a team environment.
- Possess strong motivational and leadership skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent work record history.
- Basic computer skills
- Quality, safety and environmental focused. WHATS IN IT FOR YOU
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Incentive Bonus
- Medical, Vision, Dental
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
- Short-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health and Wellness Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition
- Discount Programs EducationRequired
Keywords: Burgess Norton Mfg Co, Taylor , Header Operator- 2nd Shift, Other , Taylor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!