Company: Motown Harley-Davidson, Inc.
Posted on: March 15, 2023
Job Title: - - - - - - - - - - - - - MotorClothes/General
Merchandise AssociateDepartment: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - MotorClothes/MerchandiseSupervisor: - - - - - - - - - - -
-MotorClothes/Merchandise ManagerSummary DescriptionProvide
courteous, knowledgeable assistance to customers; perform
cashiering, stocking and other duties to promote efficient
functioning of department. Resolve difficult customer problems in a
courteous and professional manner. - Focus on the in-store customer
experience, follow up with dealership customers, and presentation
of Harley-Davidson MotorClothes/Merchandise. Selling of
Harley-Davidson MotorClothes/Merchandise to dealership customers
appropriate to their preferences and needs by applying the RPM
Sales Process.Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide excellent customer service to all of the dealership's
- Greet customers immediately, in a courteous and friendly
- Meet customer needs, offers options, resolves problems and
follows up with customers. -
- Ensure full customer satisfaction without unnecessarily
referring customer to other staff members.
- Maintain friendly, helpful demeanor. -
- Provide professional, knowledgeable, courteous customer
- Assist customers in locating merchandise, offer additional
product that compliments the purchase, takes special orders,
answers questions, communicates policies on returns and exchanges.
- Point out any sales, specials, new merchandise, fast-selling
and slow-selling stock to customers.
- Notify customers when special orders or back-ordered items are
- Possess the ability to work with several customers at one time
while maintaining individual customer satisfaction.
- Monitor for shoplifting. -
- Perform cashiering functions in accordance with company cash
handling policies and procedures.
- Does not accept checks unless processed through cross
- Use appropriate verification procedures for credit card
- Follow the Premiums Checkout Process the company has in place.
- Maintain accurate customer list in database.
- Check price tags for alterations. -
- Keep sales floor and displays neat, clean and fully-stocked.
- Ensure merchandise is attractively displayed and appealing to
- Maintain showroom product availability by stocking shelves and
- Maintain thorough knowledge of inventory. -
- Maintain cashiering desk and areas dust free, clean, and
- Keep cashiering area well-stocked with necessary supplies, such
as shopping bags, credit card drafts, etc. -
- Assist with answering incoming calls and directing them to the
appropriate person or department. -
- Handle telephone transactions quickly, and courteously.
- Make tags for damaged merchandise, delivers daily to designated
- Appropriately takes in customers' defective merchandise for
warranty, correctly complete the warranty tag, and deliver the
defective merchandise to designated area.
- Follow the Ticket to Ride process for customers purchasing
- Make introductions to other departments to ensure cross selling
of motorcycles, Parts and Accessories, Financing, Insurance
Products and Services, Warranties and Service Plans.
- Stay up to date on all required HDU courses.
- Attend training sessions to keep current with product
knowledge, sales techniques, merchandising, and inventory control
- Assist MotorClothes/Merchandise Manager with attaining retail
sales plans in MotorClothes/Merchandise.
- Follow and practice the RPM sales process providing all
customers with consistent treatment.
- Receive and process merchandise from distributors, check
merchandise received against purchase invoice, log merchandise into
inventory, and prepare product for showroom floor.
- Conduct or participate in periodic physical inventory of all
- Assist with set-up, organization, and staging of special events
such as Open Houses, workshops, fashion shows, etc.
- Follow all procedures to complete all paperwork and trackers
accurately and in a timely manner.
- Remain alert and on the floor at all times.
- Handle customer complaints according to dealership policy,
showing empathy and a positive attitude while demonstrating our
commitment to "make things right", as specifically directed by the
MotorClothes/Merchandise Manager. -
- Comply with all company and department policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or
- NoneQualifications & Job Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent degree or greater required.
- Experience: 1-3 years of experience required, with 3-5 years
preferred; or the equivalent combination of education and
- Prefer knowledge and experience with selling of Harley-Davidson
MotorClothes/Merchandise, and other products sold by the
dealership, or the demonstrated ability to quickly learn them.
- Ability to take initiative and problem solve. -
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to present oneself as well as the company in a
professional manner. -
- Knowledge of applicable laws/policies/principles/etc.. -
- Proficient in the use of a personal computer and corresponding
- Good attention to detail. -
- Great interpersonal and customer service skills required.
- Approachable, likeable, and enthusiastic personality.
- Ability to get along with broad customer base.
- High energy level needed.
- Be self-motivated, positive, driven and helpful.
- Ability to handle confidential information responsibly.
- Great customer service, excellent personal communication, and
demonstrated closing skills.Physical Demands
- Requires the use of both hands. -
- Frequently required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach and lift
50lbs of material.
- Requires standing and/or walking for extended periods of
- Normally indoors, however, some outdoor work is required during
open houses or other events.
- The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
- Occasionally exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne
Keywords: Motown Harley-Davidson, Inc., Taylor , MotorClothes/Merchandise Associate, Other , Taylor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...