Company: SGS North America
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Company Description SGS is the world's leading inspection,
verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized
as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than
89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and
laboratories around the world.Job Description As the Technician you
will perform routine testing, follow defined standard operating
procedures and detailed instructions under direction of the
Supervisor, Testing Laboratory. You will be responsible for
installing the engines or vehicles into the test cell, installing
instrumentation, setting up the test control interface, and
maintenance of various measurement devices including exhaust
emission analyzers. Then you will monitor, document test results
and report results to Engineers.
- Performs routine emissions tests procedures on vehicle chassis
dynamometers and using other specialized test equipment such as
- May use statistical methods to identify recurring problems and
give detailed reports on defects.
- Installs and sets up test articles, fixtures, test equipment,
instrumentation and controls.
- May perform calibration and assemble test equipment prior to
- Performs testing as instructed and records / logs testing
results, communicates results to a higher-level Technician, or to
Engineer, or to a Supervisor, as required.
- Follows all company Health, Safety and Environmental policies
- Follows Quality protocols and reports discrepancies to the
- Performs routine and preventive maintenance of equipment as
- Maintains a clean working environment.
- Increases technical knowledge, completes assignments and
maintains passing scores for curriculum outlined in the Laboratory
Test Technician Training Plan for Level 1.
- Adheres to internal standards, policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 0-2 years of experience in Testing Laboratory.
- Knowledge regarding the operation and maintenance of diesel and
gasoline vehicles or engines, and strong computer skills. Preferred
- Associate degree in Engineering Technology or related
- Certification in Automotive Technology (Automotive Service
Excellence (ASE)), or Certified Electrician, or certification by
Testing Technician Certification Institute preferred.
- Experience in Testing Laboratory.Salary -
$18.00-$25.00/hourAdditional Information SGS is an Equal
Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and
promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital
status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other
characteristics protected by law. To perform this job successfully,
an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The
requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge,
skills, and/or abilities required. This job description should not
be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities
or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing
contained herein restricts the company's rights to assign or
reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. If
you are applying for a position within the United States and you
have difficulty completing the on-line employment application
because of a disability, please call for assistance and leave a
message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone
number is not for general employment information, but is only for
individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position
due to a disability.
Keywords: SGS North America, Taylor , Junior Technician, Professions , Taylor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!