Macy's Backstage Sales - Team Member, Part Time: Southland Mall, MI
Posted on: October 17, 2020
Job Overview:--A Team Member is responsible for providing
outstanding customer service, creating a shopping experience that
will make the customer feel welcome and comfortable, operating cash
registers and mobile POS stations, executing proper product
placement and flow, floor moves, replenishment, inventory, shortage
control, stockroom organization, ensuring markdowns are taken in a
timely and accurate manner, set-up and removal of signs as directed
for promotional events or sales.-- A Team Member is also
responsible unloading and unpacking new merchandise when delivered,
processing merchandise, floor recovery and performing other duties
as necessary.--Macy's uses a scheduling plan that allows our
associates to participate in the creation of their work schedules
by managing availability and identifying preferences. Additionally,
during key events and peak selling times, Macy's may offer
additional shifts to our associates, which they may--pick up using
the self-scheduling tool.-- Details on Macy's schedule options are
available during the interview process.
Drive Sales ------------------
- Assist in the merchandising impactful trend statements, new
product, season changes and floor moves and clearance.
- Utilize the RF Handheld equipment to scan product based on
price changes and markdowns.--
- Re-merchandise product based on new arrivals, trend, seasonal
change and markdowns.
- Execute set-up and removal of signs for the entire store timely
- Adhere to Asset Protection and inventory control and compliance
procedures; follow shortage programs and procedures.--
- Maintain store cleanliness standards, including cash wrap,
fixtures, and stockroom, and back office as needed-- --- Perform
the above noted functions in an efficient manner, as directed by
- Perform other duties as assigned.-- --Customer
- Provide an exceptional customer experience by adhering to
Backstage MAGIC standards.--
- Handle all register transactions efficiently, courteously and
- Maintain department recovery standards, including dressing room
go backs . Communication
- Support the management team in driving a customer centric, fun
and engaging culture.
- Explain to customers and Macy's full-line associates what makes
Backstage unique and the benefits of having an on-mall offprice
partner within the Macy's
- No specific educational degree is required.Communication
- Effective written and verbal skills, ability to interpret
instructional documents, such as safety rules, operating and
maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Excellent communication skills.Mathematical Skills:
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction,
multiplication, and division.
- Able to use calculator.Reasoning Ability:
- Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a
- Must have good time management skills.Physical Demands:
- This position involves constant moving, talking, hearing,
reaching, and standing.
- Involves standing for at least two consecutive hours.
- Involves lifting at least 30 lbs.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, crouching, and
- Optical abilities include close vision, color vision, depth
perception, and ability to adjust focus.Other Skills:
- Must be able to function as part of a team and collaborate with
- Possess a strong sense of urgency.--
- Must enjoy meeting and interacting with customers.--
- Possess a thirst for learning.
- Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent
use of RF equipment. Work Hours:
- Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours,
which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays, based on
department and store/company needs.--
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.This job
overview is not all inclusive.-- In addition, Macy's, Inc. reserves
the right to amend this job overview at any time.-- Macy's is an
Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive
work environment.-- Macy's, Inc. - including Macy's and
Bloomingdale's - will consider for employment qualified applicants
with criminal convictions in a manner consistent
Keywords: Macy's, Taylor , Macy's Backstage Sales - Team Member, Part Time: Southland Mall, MI, Sales , Taylor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!